Plugin Contributions

cart error Problems with downloading files after purchase

I am using the newest version of ZenCart. I read all the related FAQ but I can't find answer for this. This is my first ZenCart shop and I need help, I tried to fix it for many hours. I want to create photos which my clients can download after payment received.

And here is a huge problem. I have set everything, there is dropdown menu, attributes controller has been set up, I put file product.rar in default download folder, attribute controller confirms that everything is all right ( green dot near filename), DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD in both configure.php files is set for 'download/'. I tried different location but it gets even worse.

So everything goes well, I can see download button but after clicking it I receive 404 page: 'The requested URL /zencart/pub/.lmodnylsbdvinseqvcrn/product.rar was not found on this server.' Where 'lmodnylsbdvinseqvcrn' is random folder created in pub catalog with shortcut of product which is in default download file.

Please help me with this. What is the reason of this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with downloading files after purchase

Check the .htaccess in /pub and /download and make sure you have your File type included in the list ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Exactly about 2 hours after posting this post I finally found it Yes it was problem with htaccess in pub folder not containing my special file's extension, thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that all is working correctly now ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Problems with downloading files after purchase

IM having the same issue..so I followed the advice you gave about checking the /pub /download to see the file types but the only thing in those files is the index.html file that is pretty much blank...where do i find these .htaccess files and how do I add my download type to them?? my download type is pdf and sometimes a zip but pdf is the one i want to add... Id love a little help finding where to add this type of file so I dont get the 404 Page not found page...

Plugin Contributions

Check a clean fresh install of Zen Cart to see what you are missing ...

NOTE: your FTP program could be blocking the display of the .htaccess file (normally dot-prefixed files are considered "hidden") depending on how you have it setup and your server ...
    Linda McGrath