Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Method missing when using product Priced By Attributes

Hello

I have set up two categories, each with products "Priced by Attributes". During checkout/payment (step 2), payment modules don't show up. They do, however, show up for all other products that are not priced by attributes.

Not sure if I'm missing something.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Method missing when using product Priced By Attributes

Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section.
    Include which payment modules you're referring to.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanx for the quick reply. Here goes:

Zen Cart 1.3.9h, clean install.
    Addons: Payfast payment, onlinebank, static list (shipping), pure_orange2 (template);
    Customizations: edited template stylesheet, added php code to four page files to not display certain categories/products;
    My first store, currently still on localhost;
    I have searched forums and read numerous threads, but couldn't find a solution;
    Problem started immediately after adding "priced by attribute" products, and only affects those products with "priced by attribute" option.
    Module affected is: Online bank. Installed similar payment modules, with same results

Thank you very much

Plugin Contributions

Do you have an URL that we could peek at and could you say what Product(s) you added to the Cart and the Attributes that you picked?

What payment modules do you have installed?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello Ajeh

I'm currently still on localhost and was hoping to go live this Sunday.

Payment modules: Payfast and OnlineBank

Product 1: T-shirt with attributes color & size - works fine

Product 2: Gift card with "Product Priced by Attributes" selected (one product many attributes). Attribute is Amounts/Value of Certs (10, 50, 100, etc) - OnlineBank payment module missing. When I uncheck Product Priced by Attributes, then it works ok.

Product 3: Banner Ads with Product Priced by Attributes selected (one product many attributes). Attributes are positions/slots and pages banner appears on. OnlineBank payment module missing. When I uncheck Product Priced by Attributes, then it works ok.

When I change Product 1 to Product Priced by Attributes, then same thing happens. It would appear that it happens only when Product Priced by Attributes is checked.

Thanx

Plugin Contributions

It is hard to guess at what we cannot see ... but let's try a few things ...

Turn off all Banner Ads ... does this change how things work?

If you switch to Classic Template does this change how things work?

If you are planning to go live on Sunday, does that mean you have a domain already?

Could you install a clean copy of v1.3.9h and see if it is working with the demo Products?

Could you then install on that clean demo site the Payment Modules for Payfast and OnlineBank and see if things are still working?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just tried this myself:
    - installed a clean copy of v1.3.9h
    - add a product named "test", price 3.00, description "test product", quantity 50
    - add a product named "test 2", price 0.00, description "attrib pricing test", quantity 50, check the "priced by attributes" box
    - add an attribute Option Name of "attrib1"
    - add an attribute Option Value of "price1", and another of "price2"
    - use Attributes Controller to assign "attrib1" and "price1" a price of 5.00 to the "test 2" product. Repeat for "attrib1" and "price2" for 7.00 on "test 2".
    - add "test" to cart, and proceed to checkout (create account using a USA/Florida address and a gmail account)
    - the Check/Money Order payment module appears as expected
    - complete payment -- success
    - add "test 2" to cart (priced by attributes), select the 5.00 choice, and proceed to checkout (using same customer account as before)
    - the Check/Money Order payment module appears as expected.
    - checkout completes successfully

What's missing in these steps compared to what's happening with your store where you allege it's not working?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanx Ajeh and Doc for the prompt and detailed responses.

I'm unable to tend to this issue right now, but I'll sit later on tonight and follow the suggestions you gave.

Briefly, yes I do have a domain, since 2009, and the website on it is being upgraded. Zencart will be installed into a subdomain. I have to go live Sunday as I'd made that promise a month ago, even if my issue still remains. Hopefully, with your help, I'll be able to resolve it soon. And maybe online will be better, since you'll be able to see what I've done wrong.

Thanx again

Plugin Contributions

Hello there

I'm sooo late with the shop going live! But I have accidentally found that it's in the product shipping options where it all goes wrong.

SCENARIO 1:
    Product priced by attributes: Yes
    Product is virtual: No
    Always free shipping: Yes
    Then payment modules show up correctly, but then Shipping Method shows Free Shipping and order totals has "Free shipping 0.00"

SCENARIO 2:
    Product priced by attributes: Yes
    Product is virtual: Yes
    Always free shipping: Yes
    Payment module missing, skips Shipping Method (what I want) but order totals has "Free shipping 0.00"

Played with these options, but had to keep it on Scenario 2. If only I could get rid of the Shipping Method step and "free shipping 0.00" on order toals for Gift Certificates and other items not requiring shipping.

Thanx

Plugin Contributions

Gift Certificates should be marked as:
    Product is Virtual: Yes, Skip Shipping Address
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    And the Product Model needs to begin with:
    GIFT

in all caps and can then have anything after that ...

If you have 0 weight Products and you have configured in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... for 0 weight Products to be Free Shipping, you need to install the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module ...

Do you have an URL to this Product that appears to be breaking the checkout?
    Linda McGrath