Plugin Contributions

Default database setup - failed connection

I am unable to move beyond database setup in zen cart install. I uploaded zen cart 1.3.9 to public_html directory and then created a database and linked it to a user that also has been created. For example the database I created is named tiny and the username created is bubba. The home directory is /home/diddy. I mention this because it puts diddy in front of the database name and database username in the cPanel.

I have entered localhost in Database Host field. Are there any other entries I should try? I don't see an IP address in phpmyadmin settings. phpmyadmin displays diddy@localhost for user under MySQL.

I tried to enter bubba or diddy_bubba in the Database Username but neither work.

Obviously the password I created for the Username bubba was entered in the Database Password.

For Database Name I entered zencart, diddy_tiny, or diddy_zencart. None work.

Also, does this mean anything in processes on phpmyadmin? Says database: none.
    Show Full Queries ID User Host Database Command Time Status SQL query
    Kill 211073 diddy localhost None Query

Linux server.
    PHP version 5.2.17
    MySQL client version: 5.0.91
    Host: HostPC

Please help this tired old fool (me) figure out what is going wrong. Thank you.
    Last edited by bx32; 25 Oct 2011 at 05:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: database setup - failed connection

Based on what you posted, Zen Cart would be expecting you to enter the following:

database host: localhost (unless they told you something different)
    database name: diddy_tiny
    database user: diddy_bubba
    database password: whatever password you assigned to the diddy_bubba user

AND for ANY of that to work, you must first assign permissions to the diddy_bubba user to access the diddy_tiny database. When asked for which permissions, choose all.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.