Plugin Contributions

Default Downloadable zip files - non-automated

I have yet to set up the zencart for this store but have used zen for years so am familiar with everything other than digital downloads.
    I need to make sure I have this correct

If I set the default Order Status to PENDING and the client pays through Paypal, the file STILL could not be downloaded until I set the status to Processed or whatever I decide?

The customer needs to pay me for the poduct, but then has to send me a fax of a license that they have the rights to use the product I am supplying (can't get more vague than that can you) :)

So, until I get the license confirmation from the client, they should not be able to download the file.

Hope this makes sense and if this is correct my life just became a lot easier.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable zip files - non-automated

If you set the Order Status setting in your PayPal module to "Pending" then yes, ALL your sales will sit in Pending status until you MANUALLY update EACH of them ... one at a time. This includes digital sales as well as physical.

NOTE: I'm referring to the Order Status IN THE PAYPAL MODULE, and that affects ONLY payments made with THAT MODULE.

Your post said "default Order Status". If you were actually referring to the list of Order Status choices under the Localization menu and setting one of those as a "Default", then that setting NAMED "Default" would only apply to Payment Modules which have selected "Default" as their Order Status setting. NORMALLY THIS "Default" IS NOT USED, IN FAVOR OF SETTING SPECIFIC ORDER-STATUS SETTINGS INSIDE EACH MODULE.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable zip files - non-automated

Yep got it, that is kind of what I meant but I wasn't too clear.. yes, pending as default for all transaction methods.
    Thanks so much!
    Whew! Life just got a bit easier. :)