Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default NO Order Confirmation Email Sent

I am using 1.3.9h. Everything has been just fine until today, I got a Paypal payment email but no order confirmation email from my Zen Cart. (no email in junk mail folder...checked that first thing..)

Is this a Paypal Express error? Anyone else having an issue with Paypal?

I have no clue what is going on. I have had several orders the past few days and no problem until this one today...

Thanks,
    israel

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NO Order Confirmation Email Sent

I wouldnt worry too much, it can happen occasionally.

To be safe what you can do is install the 'Recover cart sales' module.

This allows you to look in the cart of any customer which hasnt completed the check out process completely. So for ones that you receive payment for but no order, you can go into and look what was in their basket before the error occured, and see what they were purchasing.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much! I didn't know about that module. I will get it installed right away!

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

This just happened to me too.

My customer luckily did not enter his shipping address correctly and contacted me to change it. Otherwise, I would never have known I had an order and that would really have sucked not to have placed this order. Money came through fine though.

Plugin Contributions

This has been happening to me since Oct 28th & its driving me crazy. I have a direct download site & now all my customers are complaining, any ideas? I contacted my host & PayPal & no one could give me a solution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rick5150 View Post
    This just happened to me too.

My customer luckily did not enter his shipping address correctly and contacted me to change it. Otherwise, I would never have known I had an order and that would really have sucked not to have placed this order. Money came through fine though.
    As above, if you install the Recover Cart Sales module, you can see into peoples shopping baskets and recover their broken order.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: NO Order Confirmation Email Sent

I too have 1.3.9h
    I did a search for paypal ipn & found instructions & a .php file to check my ipn. I did an ipn ping & everything was fine.
    When trying to make sure my settings were correct i discovered that the business area of paypal had been changed. I'm wondering if it's something that Paypal did.
    i've been fighting with this since Oct 31st. Some orders go through, but most don't.
    I checked with my host & they say that the connect is coming back to the cart.

Is there something I am missing? I'm going to try to install the recover cart, but if it wasn't for the PayPal notices, I wouldn't know there were sales, so the next question is, how many orders were missed? But i don't think that recover cart sales module is the answer to this issue, there has to be a better solution or upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by battys_attic_designs View Post
    I too have 1.3.9h
    I did a search for paypal ipn & found instructions & a .php file to check my ipn. I did an ipn ping & everything was fine.
    When trying to make sure my settings were correct i discovered that the business area of paypal had been changed. I'm wondering if it's something that Paypal did.
    i've been fighting with this since Oct 31st. Some orders go through, but most don't.
    I checked with my host & they say that the connect is coming back to the cart.

Is there something I am missing? I'm going to try to install the recover cart, but if it wasn't for the PayPal notices, I wouldn't know there were sales, so the next question is, how many orders were missed? But i don't think that recover cart sales module is the answer to this issue, there has to be a better solution or upgrade.
    If you're using the PayPal IPN module, then you should REALLY switch to the Express Checkout module to avoid the technical issues that can happen with the IPN module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is it actually anything to do with the Paypal module?. Ive run that module for ages, and maybe 1 out of every 100 sales goes wrong with no order confirmation sent, but the payment is made, and the order is logged in admin, so Paypal has obviously communicated back with Zencart fine, its just simply an email hasnt been sent.

Then Ive found most of these sales that do this, there has been a problem with the customers email address, ie they spelt it wrong, or maybe they had a email server issue their end..

Hence my question, why does Zencart send the email confirmation to the customer first, then to the store email. Can't we switch it around?

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: NO Order Confirmation Email Sent

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're using the PayPal IPN module, then you should REALLY switch to the Express Checkout module to avoid the technical issues that can happen with the IPN module.
    TY TY TY It worked... I am doing the Snoopy dance right now.
    You are a sanity saver.
    hugs
    Barb Atkins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast