Plugin Contributions

Default New user - so many questions...

Hi all. My first post. Be gentle please. I am very, very new to all of this.

I have a new hosted account set up with Zen Internet. I am trying to create a very (very) simple site selling t-shirts. I have 4 domains 'parked' with my cPanel:

www.myfavouriteteddy.co.uk
    www.favouriteteddy.co.uk
    www.myfavoriteteddy.com
    www.favoriteteddy.com

They are 'parked' to my 'main domain' which is in the format

'c0123456.myzen.co.uk'.

I have gone to the Fantastico De Luxe button and then clicked to install Zen Cart (new installation). I now have a list of domains to install it one - the four teddy ones and the c0123456 one.

The main website/shop I will be creating needs to sit on www.myfavouriteteddy.co.uk. When people visit www.myfavouriteteddy.co.uk, I just want them to be straight in my shop. Is this the right way to do it? I just want the other three teddy sites to point to that exact same site.

My first question, therefore, is where should I be installing it? On the c0123456 or on myfavouriteteddy.co.uk domain?

I apologise for the 'newbiness' of these questions, but I don't want to mess it up at the very first step! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New user - so many questions...

Update:-

I've run through the really great tutorial for installation of Zen Cart and I have installed the demo data. It all seemed to run without a problem! Stunning!

I need to spend a while now looking over the demo data to get my head around how the software works.

I will likely have many more questions for the forum over the coming days/weeks (months/years!!!)

Plugin Contributions

If the install with the DEMO products went successfully, you would now do well to get a copy of the owner manual. The little banner ad on this screen will take you to the order form. Get the eBook version. I think it is still under $30 . A good investment, whatever the price...
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    If the install with the DEMO products went successfully, you would now do well to get a copy of the owner manual. The little banner ad on this screen will take you to the order form. Get the eBook version. I think it is still under $30 . A good investment, whatever the price...
    Just done exactly that!