Plugin Contributions

Default How to let different payment go to different account?

We have a company in US and in Canada. We'd like to separate customer's payment automatically into two independent accounts (Canadian and American dollars account), according to where the costumer is and what he uses to pay. For example, if customer is in US, he pays US dollar there, the payment goes into US dollar account...

For Paypal, Authorize.net and our credit card account (Chase payment), We have registered two different accounts for each of them- Canadian dollar and US dollar. But the problem is, I only see one place to configure the payment interface for both Paypal and Authorize.net, which means I can only use one account. So now the fact is: no matter where the customer is and what currency he uses, the payment is always converted into Canadian dollar and goes into our Canadian account (Now I used Canadian account information to configure it).

So, is it possible to have two different interface configuration, so that when Canadian customer pays, money goes into Canadian account; when American customer pays, money goes into US dollars account?

Or, how to solve this problem?

Any idea and help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Button

I see several people say that Paypal can handle different currencies 'out of the box'. My question is as follows:

I have a Paypal account. Under the same account (same e-mail, same PDT token), I linked US dollar and Canadian dollar accounts, (since it can handle both currencies) . But all the transactions only go to US account. What I want is: if customer pays with Canadian dollars, the money goes to my Canadian account; if customer pays with US dollars, the money goes directly to my US account.

Then I contact Paypal support, I was told to create two buttons (Pay by US dollar; Pay by Canadian dollar). And then I need to copy the code of the two buttons, and put the two buttons on the Checkout page of my shopping cart. It means when customer check out, he will indicate which currency he wants to pay. By this way, Paypal will put the right currency into the right account...

Is it the right way to do that?

Thanks for help!

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Nash; 20 Nov 2011 at 04:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Button

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nash View Post
    I see several people say that Paypal can handle different currencies 'out of the box'.
    Yes, it does.
    I have a Paypal account. Under the same account (same e-mail, same PDT token), I linked US dollar and Canadian dollar accounts, (since it can handle both currencies)
    Please explain what you mean by "linked".
    But all the transactions only go to US account.
    Your PayPal account is ONE "account".
    I think you're referring to USD "currency balance". Is that correct?
    What I want is: if customer pays with Canadian dollars, the money goes to my Canadian account; if customer pays with US dollars, the money goes directly to my US account.
    In Zen Cart, simply set your PayPal module to "Use Selected Currency" instead of "USD Only".
    Then I contact Paypal support, I was told to create two buttons (Pay by US dollar; Pay by Canadian dollar). And then I need to copy the code of the two buttons, and put the two buttons on the Checkout page of my shopping cart. It means when customer check out, he will indicate which currency he wants to pay. By this way, Paypal will put the right currency into the right account...

Is it the right way to do that?
    Yes, that would be the correct way if you weren't using an advanced shopping cart application like Zen Cart.
    That "button" method is only suitable if you're creating a pseudo-store in something like wordpress or static HTML pages in a far less sophisticated site that's trying to also be a store.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to let different payment go to different account?

Thanks for the help, DrByte!

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes, it does.
    Please explain what you mean by "linked".
    Your PayPal account is ONE "account".
    Yes, my PayPal account is ONE "account". The 'Primary' is set to TD Bank. And then in TD, I have both Canadian and US dollar currency.

I think you're referring to USD "currency balance". Is that correct?
    Yes.
    In Zen Cart, simply set your PayPal module to "Use Selected Currency" instead of "USD Only".
    I did set it as "User Selected Currency".

Yes, that would be the correct way if you weren't using an advanced shopping cart application like Zen Cart. That "button" method is only suitable if you're creating a pseudo-store in something like Wordpress or static HTML pages in a far less sophisticated site that's trying to also be a store.
    But I'm using Zen Cart. So you mean this is not the correct way...
    What is the correct way then?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PayPal cannot deposit to different currency bank accounts.

A PayPal Canada account can only deposit to a Canadian Dollar Bank Account. That's PayPal's rules.

As far as Zen Cart goes, it can only deposit the money into your PayPal account's various currency balances. Zen Cart has no connection to your bank accounts at all. That's entirely between you and PayPal.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My programmer helped me to embed the two buttons (Paypal provided) into his dual payment module, and now it seems to be working. I'll have to do more tests and watch more transactions to confirm. Hopefully for Paypal, the problem is already solved...

Now for credit card payment, I have contacted Chase Payment Tech. They have a very good tech support guy. He told me that I don't need Authorize.net account at all. Just use the Authorize.net (SIM), and delete all other Authorize.net modules. Then he guided me step by step to set it up. After that, the credit card payment is working! (My problem before was, when I use Authorize.net (AIM), I can only choose USD as my currency and all my payment goes to US dollar account. If I choose Canadian dollar as my currency, it did not work at all!) So now I can pay with any credit card to pay with either USD or CAD (I have tried with VISA MasterCard and AmericanExpress).

So now the problem left for Credit Card payment is: currently all the payment goes to Canadian account (namely, no matter what currency my customers use, all the money is converted into CAD and saved into my Canadian account). But what I want is, if customer uses USD to pay, the money stays in USD (in stead of converted to CAD), and saved into my USD account.

The tech guy suggested me to simply make a copy of my Zen Cart, put it to another directory, like, Zen-USD, and do the same setup as CAD (because he has created a USD account at his side, I just need to connect to it...)

My questions here are: Is this a correct way to do it? Is there any bad consequences? Is there any other (better) way?

And also, if I do this, I'll have to ask my customers to choose which currency (CAD or USD) he would like to pay with, but I don't think customers will like it. So I have to add a piece of code to detect the user's IP at the beginning when customer starts to visit us, and direct to the right Cart (Zen-CAD, or Zen-USD). After user log-in, I'll have to adjust the Cart to match his registered shipping address...Ah... things are becoming more and more complicated...

Is there any better idea on this issue?

Thanks for the help!

Eric

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your "tech guy" doesn't "get it". I've already explained how to do it, in multiple different ways. Clearly he doesn't care to see the "big picture".

You can follow his approach if you like, but then you'll be left maintaining duplicate stores needlessly.