Plugin Contributions

Default Group Pricing Per Item for 1.3.9h fix

I need help before posting an updated version of Group Pricing Per Item. I have completed updating the files so they are compatible with Zencart v.1.3.9h.

Everything appears to be working normally with one exception:
    Customers who log-in into their accounts with items in their shopping carts from previous visits or who add items to their shopping cart before logging in will get this message when they go to checkout:
    Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.
    You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu.
    This update works only if the customer's shopping cart is empty when they log in.

I have reviewed all the suggestions provided to date in the forums relating to this message and confirmed that the modifications required for GPPI were applied to Zencart 1.3.9h files. These files were saved in UTF-8 without BOM and checked for extraneous spaces and line feeds.

I'm stumped on why the shopping cart must be empty prior to logging in. Perhaps someone here can provide a fix so we can upload a working version to the downloads section. I suspect the problem has to do with the introduction of CARTID to zc 1.3.9.

Peter's principle (when one reaches his/her level of incompetence) has kicked in and I need some help.

I have attached the complete set of files.
    Ron
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Group Pricing Per Item for 1.3.9h fix

Well, the zip file couldn't be attached to the previous post. It's too big (104KB and the max is 48.8KB).

Perhaps there's enough info for someone to offer a suggested fix. If anyone wants the file PM me where to send.

Ron

Plugin Contributions

V. 1.4.0 of GROUP PRICING PER ITEM add-on was uploaded to the downloads section this evening.
    This version works with Zencart 1.3.9h (and likely any 1.3.9 version). It should be available within a week after the Zencart team has time to review and approve it.

This version is based on all the previous submissions by previous authors who did all the actual coding. i simply performed the merge onto Zencart 1.3.9h core files where needed and tested it on one of my shops. Many thanks to all who contibuted to this add-on in the past.

Once the add-on is available I willl post the link here. Please use this thread for support.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ronlee67 View Post
    V. 1.4.0 of GROUP PRICING PER ITEM add-on was uploaded to the downloads section this evening.
    This version works with Zencart 1.3.9h (and likely any 1.3.9 version). It should be available within a week after the Zencart team has time to review and approve it.

This version is based on all the previous submissions by previous authors who did all the actual coding. i simply performed the merge onto Zencart 1.3.9h core files where needed and tested it on one of my shops. Many thanks to all who contibuted to this add-on in the past.

Once the add-on is available I willl post the link here. Please use this thread for support.
    The download link: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=256

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

I have installed 1.4 Group Pricing per Item onto a site operating on 1.3.9h

Additional add-ons I have installed are SEO Url's and Invoice.

The module seems to work fine however when setting up prices within the Product itself, the Net and Gross price always revert to being the same.

If I enter a net price for Product 'A' of $300, the Gross price is not automatically adjusted to being a tax inclusive price with the Tax rate added on.

If I manually adjust the Gross price to include tax, then update the product, the Gross reverts back to the same price as the Net price.

Anyone seen this issue before and can advise possible solutions?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    Hi there,

I have installed 1.4 Group Pricing per Item onto a site operating on 1.3.9h

Additional add-ons I have installed are SEO Url's and Invoice.

The module seems to work fine however when setting up prices within the Product itself, the Net and Gross price always revert to being the same.

If I enter a net price for Product 'A' of $300, the Gross price is not automatically adjusted to being a tax inclusive price with the Tax rate added on.

If I manually adjust the Gross price to include tax, then update the product, the Gross reverts back to the same price as the Net price.

Anyone seen this issue before and can advise possible solutions?

Thank you
    There is a strong possiblity this bug was introduced by the Group Pricing module as I tested it and get the same result. I do not have the other two add-ons you mentioned.

I did not detect this problem earlier because I use the add-on on a wholesale website where we rarely have transactions subject to sales tax.

I did find a related issue during testing. When on a admin product details entry screen I could not set the Tax Class for each product. If I change the setting to "Taxable Goods" it kept reverting back to "none".

Due to the holiday season crunch I'm not going to be able to troubleshoot this issue for awhile. Perhaps someone else will help out and look into this bug.

Ron

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ron,

I also have it installed on a wholesale only site, so I think I can work around the issue for now. But I have another site which is wholesale plus retail so will be a problem there. I am not a coder unfortunately but will see if I can find someone to take a look at it.

Thanks you for your help

Gmac

Plugin Contributions

G-Mac,

Are you able to set the "Tax Class" on the product page or do you have the same issue I have with that?

Ron

Plugin Contributions

Ron,

I can set the Tax Class on the Product Page and it carries through to the shopping cart just fine.

If I change the "Display Prices with Tax" option in Config ->My Store, to 'True', the discounted price at the front end includes tax. The Normal price stays the same as it was but hard to tell if this is just picking up the old Gross Price figure which is incorrect.

So for me tax is working fine.

The problem seems to be in the admin page, calculating and then storing the correct Gross prices.

Regards
    G-mac

Plugin Contributions

You've saved me a lot of hours of work, Ron.