Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS doesn't show as shipping method

Using ver. 1.3.9.f -No upgrades - no add-ons Have installed USPS shipping module, have all permissions from USPS in PRODUCTION mode. Yet when I test order I get "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use."
    Any ideas out there??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS doesn't show as shipping method

You should upgrade to v1.3.9h ...

Meanwhile, make sure that you have the current USPS January 2, 2011 version C from post #26 and follow all of the instructions ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171314
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, we'll give it a shot. It's amazing how UPS just falls right into place.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You should upgrade to v1.3.9h ...

Meanwhile, make sure that you have the current USPS January 2, 2011 version C from post #26 and follow all of the instructions ...
    We thought we'd try a "new" install of the "h" version so we did an off-site install of the "h" version and tried to get my items database to go into it with no luck. Also passwords don't seem to work. The upgrade instructions seem quite formidable. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Look through the /docs on upgrades ...

Note with the v1.3.9h you still need to have the current USPS January 2, 2011 version C from post #26 and follow all of the instructions ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well I found the pilot error (mine). I was including the user name and ID for USPS by accident. Whittled it down to user ID and the USPS module worked.
    Found another problem. I have items weighing 1 lb. at checkout customer is charge for 4 lbs. Can't find out where the other 3 lbs. is coming from. Any guesses?

Plugin Contributions

Peek in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... at the Tare Rate ... the 0:3 is adding 3lbs to Small/Medium Packages and the 10:0 is adding 10% more weight to the Large Packages ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a bunch. Not sure how those numbers got there (maybe default). Do you know of any way to globally increase price/weight of items in same category without having to individually edit each product?

Plugin Contributions

Not sure which numbers you are referring to ... but on globally changing things on your Products based on categories_id ... if the master_categories_id are the same, you could use:

UPDATE products SET products_weight = XX.XX WHERE master_categories_id = YY;
    where XX is the new weight to globally assign and YY is the categories_id you want to change using the master_categories_id to identify which Products ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I was referring to the Tare weight numbers which I guess default to 3. I think I understand your reply to insert the code statement you gave. I was looking for a way to do this at the store user interface, i.e. "price manager" "attribute manager" , etc. I'm not that savvy on where to put this statement or how to find where it goes. But thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast