Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade not given as an option

i am currently upgrading from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9h. I have created a new directory called 'sandbox' and I have downloaded the upgrade into this folder ie http://mywebsite.com/sandbox/

I have printed out the instructions in the docs folder and I do as stated where it says "Using your browser, surf to /zc_install/index.php" and choose "database upgrade".

I do not have that option

When I read the instructions further, it states - If upgrade is not offered, then the installer was unable to connect to your database to confirm what version its structure is at. check your configure.php settings.

Can someone tell me what I am supposed to do with the configure.php settings please?

Am I supposed to be looking in the 1.3.9h configure.php or the 1.3.8a configure.php file?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade not given as an option

This is just another way of saying the same stuff already mentioned in the upgrade FAQ articles ... https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=98, but maybe it'll help to see it written another way:

First, you get the fresh install of the new version running on the server (when you do the install, make sure you use the same Table-Prefix as your old store used (see DB_PREFIX in the old configure.php files)).
    Make sure it shows you the basic empty store and you can click around the various links and they work without errors. And login to the admin and do the same.

Then you take the backup you exported from your old database and import it into your new database.

Then you run zc_install and choose upgrade.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.