Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon Reporting

I've looked all over this forum and haven't found an answer to this... the store owner needs a way to see orders that have a particular coupon code applied so she can send them one of three gift cards based on the dollar amount of their order. When I process a test order using the coupon code, it's not showing up in the Coupon Reports at all.

I've read in a couple posts that you can fool Zen Cart into reporting coupon-coded orders with the Customer Referrals module. Through this report, I can see the list of orders, some with the particular coupon code (Order #238 Discount Coupon ID# ship-early), but that code doesn't show up under the Select a Referral/Coupon Code dropdown. How do I get coupon codes to show up in that dropdown so all the owner sees is the orders with the coupon codes? More importantly, why are they not showing up in Coupon Admin reports? Thanks ahead of time!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Reporting

On the Referral ... it will only show if it is in the Customer record for the date period and an order was made or if the Discount Coupon was used on an order during the data period ...

On the Coupon Admin, if you click on the Coupon for: ship-early and click on Report, you should see all orders that have that discount coupon used ...

Check via phpMyAdmin in the table:
    orders

and see if you see the Discount Coupon:
    ship-early

in the field:
    coupon_code
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajey!

On the Referral ... it will only show if it is in the Customer record for the date period and an order was made or if the Discount Coupon was used on an order during the data period ...
    For my test, I'm listed in the Customer record for the date period and it shows I used the coupon, but ship-early (or other coupons used by customers) doesn't show up in the "Select a Referral/Coupon Code" dropdown to sort by.

On the Coupon Admin, if you click on the Coupon for: ship-early and click on Report, you should see all orders that have that discount coupon used ...
    I can see it listed now. Wasn't there before working on it today.

Check via phpMyAdmin in the table:
    orders

and see if you see the Discount Coupon:
    ship-early

in the field:
    coupon_code
    I do see those records.

The ship-early coupon just isn't getting shown in Orders, Order Details or Invoices... I guess because it has a zero value? I changed it to .00001% to add some value to the coupon and that doesn't work either. Other coupons with values show up fine.

In the Order Details page, what does the bottom field, Customer Referral 1st Discount Coupon, do?

The goal is simple, the owner just wants a sales report that shows what orders have coupons associated with them so she can send those customers a gift card. But with the nature of this coupon not having a value seems to be messing something up. I started this by creating an attribute on products to enter the coupon code there, but couldn't find a way to get it to show on a sales report. Ideas for a better way? Many thanks as usual!
    Last edited by getyler2; 2 Nov 2011 at 07:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Discount Coupons are not designed for a $0.00 value and will not show on the Reports ...

You would need to re-write them ...

The Discount Coupon code do store in the table:
    orders

but there is nothing saved to the table:
    orders_total

which is needed for reporting purposes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Gotcha. That's what I thought. No problem. We'll just go with pulling the Customer Referrals report and noting who used the coupon from there. Thanks for the quick reply!