Thread: warning message

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default warning message

'Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home/path/foldername/etc/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.'

already found this question in these forums from a few years back but still can't work it out so have taken some screen grabs so someone might point out my error.

The tutorial on this says:
    Usually the "download" folder is located inside your store area, for example:
    - /home/my_user_name/public_html/mystore/download

You want to move it "above" your public_html folder, something like this:
    - /home/my_user_name/download

Attachment 9821

So here is where i've moved the dload folder - there is nowhere above this from public html (?)

Attachment 9822

and here is what is inside public html or www to the store

Attachment 9823

and finally here inside of store is where download folder used to be and where myadmin is which i just names to"mystore" for this screen grab.

So where do I put the download folder- anyone please? And why when I look at my catalog dir- does it always say home2/ instead of just home/ ??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: warning

Your first image shows the download folder above the public html folder, which is the correct location.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: warning

Thanks, so it must be in my path of two configure files I've made the error?

/home2/myname/download/

instead of

/home2/public_html/myname/download

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: warning message

I've written to my server admins to see if they can help because this warning will not go away as you can see:

http://www.toyboxpuppettheatre.com/store

I have followed the tutorial to a T but still not working so must be something beyond my control with service provider.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The tutorial is correct, and is intended to guide you in determining the correct path yourself. We can't magically guess the location for you, because every server is different.

As the tutorial says:
    If DIR_FS_CATALOG is '/home/my_user_name/public_html/mystore'

and you move your download folder above public_html
    then your DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD would need to be set to '/home/my_user_name/download'

So ...
    What's your DIR_FS_CATALOG setting set to?
    What's DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD set to?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home2/myname/download/'); <----this the one i've changed it to

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home2/myname/public_html/store/');

it doesn't say in the tutorial to change the catalog directory - it says to use it to help with new path but that does not coincide with new path suggested
    Last edited by charliepingpong; 5 Nov 2011 at 06:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charliepingpong View Post
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home2/myname/download/'); <----this the one i've changed it to
    If you go back and look at the tutorial, and in the example I gave above, you'll see that DIR_FS_CATALOG . should NOT be included in your new setting.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Excuse me , what do you mean it should not be included? Where does it say you should delete that part- I'm confused sorry...

are you saying I should change

to

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' '/home2/myname/download/');
    Last edited by charliepingpong; 5 Nov 2011 at 07:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charliepingpong View Post
    Excuse me , what do you mean it should not be included? Where does it say you should delete that part- I'm confused sorry...

are you saying I should delete that line?
    NO!!!!!!!!
    Just follow the examples given.

In your case, if DIR_FS_CATALOG is set to /home2/myname/public_html/store/ and you've moved the download folder above public_html then ...
    change
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home2/myname/download/');

to

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', '/home2/myname/download/');

Plugin Contributions

you don't have to yell at me besides someone deleted my edits in previous comment which makes me look stupid - not that i care but i think it is very rude.

i'm sure you get frustrated with ppl on here as you are volunteering your time but at the same time please don't be rude or delete my edits to make me look like a complete idiot for no good reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast