Plugin Contributions

Default In Attribute Controller, Option Value is empty for Text Option

Hello,

I migrated a database from 138a to 139h, and now find that all text attribute do not generate text boxes.

Trying to figure out why, i also noticed that in the Attribute Controller when selecting an attribute name of type text (in the adding new attributes section), the Option Value list stays grayed out and empty. Look at a clean 139a install with demo products in notice that the option value for text is "self generated" and ought to be "Text/Upload File [#0]"

I looked in the zen_products_options_values_to_products_options table, although option values are not created for options names of type text and indeed found the option name with an attribute value id of 0 (as indicated in the #0 above).

So, i am quite stumped and unsure what the problem might be.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: In Attribute Controller, Option Value is empty for Text Option

Hello,

I figured it out, and am posting what i learned in case it comes handy for someone else.

Since the database i had to migrate from 138a to 139h included a lot of custom tables and fields, i decided to migrate the database manually by exporting and importing tables. Apparently, while doing so, the zen_products_options_value table during import started its record numbers from "1", which is the "predefined" value for text option names. However, the other tables expected that this option has the record id of "0". Hence, the text fields broke down, and disappeared both in the store and in the attribute controller

To remedy the problem, was to insert a clone of the default text record with record id "0" -- and now it works again.