Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default can dload attribute in folder delete after purchase?

Can I make it so a dload attributed product in dload folder delete after one purchase so next purchase will pick up another file ? Like create a download attribute with multiple names and each one gets picked off out of the folder as it is bought? Or a php script that will make that happen?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can dload attribute in folder delete after purchase?

You can do anything you like if you write the custom code to do it.

But keep in mind that downloadable products are designed to be re-downloaded later in case the customer needs to get it again. (ie: had problems the first time they tried, or computer froze, or hard drive crash, or new computer, etc)

If you go and delete the file, or replace it with something else, then you break all that functionality.

In your several other threads you've indicated that what you're trying to do presently is sell event tickets. That's not really a downloadable product. That's an entry code. A ticket. A PIN number. A license number. It's not a file that needs downloading. If the customer merely prints their order confirmation receipt which contains their entry code, that should be adequate. You could even go so far as to produce QR codes on the order email or the printable "thank you for your order" page.
    But trying to use downloadable-files-as-attributes is not the solution for your needs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again DrByte ;)

You know I very much appreciate the help you've offered to me on these forums and the other volunteers who have clocked up well over 60k in replies to help out!

Yes you are right I've been battling with the event ticket and the thing is I've realized the audience members would be best to have an actual colour coded ticket in their hand (that's easy enough with attributes in 3 diff pdf files representing printable tickets).

The ticket holder needs a ticket in their hand so we can tear it for them us to say they got the add on to the show where the add on be a, b or c. Because apart from the show they have choice of extras to value add but all tickets are the same price and they decide what extra they want eg food - one with merchandise and another with activity we need to be able to colour code the three options as well as retain or cut in half tickets used.

It could be quite simple I was thinking. Make three tickets in pdf file in dload folder - all a diff colour to denote addon. Customers can buy as many as they want as long as product doesn't go over the 60 tickets available regardless of attribute for one show.

Then you ask customer to print out ticket- if they can't just bring their receipt from paypal- we will keep a door list of names of ppl who have bought tickets. If customer wants to give to friend because they can't make it- they just need name of buyer who has passed on ticket.

What do you think?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I understand what you're suggesting. You might be able to make that work.

Question:
    What if the customer doesn't have a colour printer? or no printer at all?
    That's why I suggested a QR code or a serial number instead.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If this is the sole product type for your site, you might customize the order confirmation e-mail to make the distinguishing information very prominent and easy to read, and laid out so an "option stub" was at the bottom to be easily torn off.

Plugin Contributions

I don't like people having to print out anything, seems a waste of paper but I guess many people are used to printing out tickets, even if it were a serial number they'd have to print it out or write it down.

But seems like the simplest solution is to keep a door list of names and they pick up their tickets at the door.

People still get a receipt for their dloadable product don't they? I'll leave it up to them if they want to print it out or not and just instruct people who are giving away their tickets to make sure to say name of receipted purchaser at the door.

Seats aren't numbered so no problem there.

Thanks DrByte and gjh42

Plugin Contributions

confirmation email is the thing that needs to be well set out, you are right.

Can I ask if someone orders say 7 tickets and I'm offering the dload pdf option and they are all the same type of ticket, will they get the same file x7 - that would be silly! Maybe I need to bypass the dload pdf as DrByte has suggested and just have code confirmations sent..........how would I do that please?

Plugin Contributions

Getting down to details... If they order four of the same ticket, same options, the confirmation e-mail will show it once as qty (4), so there would only be one item to print and they would each have to have a copy that said four tickets. Confusing for the customers at least, and would be better if there were four separate items of the same ticket on the e-mail. But the door will have to have and check off a list of tickets versus names and order numbers in any case, so that is not really the problem.
    If they order two tickets with option 1, one ticket with option 2 and one with option 3, the e-mail will show the ticket with option 1 once as qty (2), and the tickets with options 2 & 3 separately.

Oh, and a download pdf that you limit to one download... there can be no limit on how many times that is printed out, so there would be no point in limiting downloads. The only benefit over the confirmation e-mail would be a prettier piece of paper for the customers to hold.

Plugin Contributions

gjh42, I think I need something like this add on:

pomi dorcart.com/products/zencart-pin-delivery-module.html

but must be very complicated to create because to buy the module costs thousands of pounds which in Aussie dollars would amount to twice as much.

I'm against paper for environmental reasons and would much prefer people had a simple code but in that case isn't their names enough?

IS it possible to send a confirmation of purchase with NO physical OR digital product?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charliepingpong View Post
    IS it possible to send a confirmation of purchase with NO physical OR digital product?
    Yes. Zen Cart always sends a confirmation of purchase, via email.
    Whether the item is physical, digital, or entirely virtual, the confirmation is sent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast