Thread: admin password

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default admin password

I was making a new password as the old had expired and forgot to save my the new password and forgot it. I really went through everything to retrieve my password. I used the reset password in the form field, changed config files in includes and admin/included also the tables in the mysql database. I achieved changing the password in both config files and mysql database admin table but I'm still unable to login. Can I clear the cache somewhere I think maybe resetting the password may have caused this issue. Also I was in the mysql admin table changing things and may have caused a issue I deleted the previous password field can someone give me the proper settings for mysql admin table fields. What's the issue I really tried everything even several sql commands in phpmyadmin with no luck.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin password

Quote Originally Posted by chattunnel View Post
    What's the issue I really tried everything even several sql commands in phpmyadmin with no luck.
    When you 'tried everything' did that include 'DROP DATABASE zencart ;' ?

I hope not, and please don't. This is an example as to how you delete your entire zencart database.
    If you did this without a backup you're screwed.
    If you didn't do this, then clearly you didn't 'try everything' (Nor should you. You only need to try/do things that would/could be relevant to the problem.

Whatever the original issue is/was, the odds are that you've probably introduced additional problems with the 'tried everything' and/or phpMyadmin SQL commands. Before doing anything else, I'd be trying doing a restore from your most recent backup, and then following the correct admin password recovery method as outlined in the FAQ files:

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...28i-lost-it%29

Cheers
    Rod

PS. Depending on the age of your backup(s) you may need to use your *original* username/password (not the new one(s) to log into your admin.
    Last edited by RodG; 19 Jun 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I prefer not to revert to my backup due to the lost data that will occur. I only added a new table in the zencartmysqldatabase/admin I didn't touch any other tables in the zen cart database only the admin table. Are you saying the database is the problem here? I was also running sql commands into the database but the commands didn't work and I was getting errors well running them even if they went through it was only commanding username and password change for the admin account. Is there another option?

Plugin Contributions

I'm receiving only text in my email reset messages. What Files do I need to fix in order to receive a link or password in my mail in terms of fixing the reset password option in the login form.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm receiving only text in my email reset messages. What Files do I need to fix in order to receive a link or password in my mail in terms of fixing the reset password option in the login form.
    The password-reset emails are in fact text-only messages. There's no need for pictures or color or fancy CSS in order to email a new password.
    Perhaps you can post the contents of the email you received?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I used the reset password in the form field
    That would send you an email, with a new password. No other changes needed.

changed config files in includes and admin/included also the tables in the mysql database.
    Why?

I achieved changing the password in both config files and mysql database admin table
    Why? Those passwords are COMPLETELY UNRELATED to your admin "login" password.

but I'm still unable to login.
    Unsurprising. In fact, after all the other things you mentioned, it wouldn't surprise me that your entire store is offline.

Can I clear the cache somewhere I think maybe resetting the password may have caused this issue.
    Passwords are not cached.

Also I was in the mysql admin table changing things
    Why would you do that?

and may have caused a issue
    Clearly.

I deleted the previous password field
    HUH? Why are you deleting fields from the database?

I prefer not to revert to my backup due to the lost data that will occur.
    Um ... well ... if I can be blunt, then you shouldn't have gone changing the database structure!

I only added a new table in the zencartmysqldatabase/admin
    What? a "new table"?
    This is getting more bizarre by the second.

I was also running sql commands into the database
    Um, WHY?

but the commands didn't work and I was getting errors well running them even if they went through
    I don't see any other posts from you where you mention exactly what commands you ran and what errors you were getting.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

the login page says "LOGIN_EXPIRY_NOTICE" at the bottom and the reset email says "TEXT_EMAIL_MESSAGE_PWD_RESET"
    and the login failures email "TEXT_EMAIL_MULTIPLE_LOGIN_FAILURES" I think there is some code here not right which files do I edit the code
    The sql commands were a mix of the same thing " DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin"

I was in the zen cart mysql database changing the admin table in hopes of changing the password.

These are the sections in the database:
    Browse address_book
    Browse address_format
    Browse admin
    Browse admin_activity_log
    Browse admin_menus
    Browse admin_pages
    Browse admin_pages_to_profiles
    Browse admin_profiles
    Browse authorizenet
    Browse banners
    Browse banners_history
    Browse categories
    Browse categories_description
    Browse configuration
    Browse configuration_group
    Browse counter
    Browse counter_history
    Browse countries
    Browse coupons
    Browse coupons_description
    Browse coupon_email_track
    Browse coupon_gv_customer
    Browse coupon_gv_queue
    Browse coupon_redeem_track
    Browse coupon_restrict
    Browse currencies
    Browse customers
    Browse customers_basket
    Browse customers_basket_attributes
    Browse customers_info
    Browse db_cache
    Browse email_archive
    Browse ezpages
    Browse featured
    Browse files_uploaded
    Browse geo_zones
    Browse get_terms_to_filter
    Browse group_pricing
    Browse languages
    Browse layout_boxes
    Browse manufacturers
    Browse manufacturers_info
    Browse media_clips
    Browse media_manager
    Browse media_to_products
    Browse media_types
    Browse meta_tags_categories_description
    Browse meta_tags_products_description
    Browse music_genre
    Browse newsletters
    Browse orders
    Browse orders_products
    Browse orders_products_attributes
    Browse orders_products_download
    Browse orders_status
    Browse orders_status_history
    Browse orders_total
    Browse paypal
    Browse paypal_payment_status
    Browse paypal_payment_status_history
    Browse paypal_session
    Browse paypal_testing
    Browse products
    Browse products_attributes
    Browse products_attributes_download
    Browse products_description
    Browse products_discount_quantity
    Browse products_notifications
    Browse products_options
    Browse products_options_types
    Browse products_options_values
    Browse products_options_values_to_products_options
    Browse products_to_categories
    Browse product_music_extra
    Browse product_types
    Browse product_types_to_category
    Browse product_type_layout
    Browse project_version
    Browse project_version_history
    Browse query_builder
    Browse record_artists
    Browse record_artists_info
    Browse record_company
    Browse record_company_info
    Browse reviews
    Browse reviews_description
    Browse salemaker_sales
    Browse sessions
    Browse specials
    Browse tax_class
    Browse tax_rates
    Browse template_select
    Browse upgrade_exceptions
    Browse whos_online
    Browse zones
    Browse zones_to_geo_zones
    ##################################################___
    I was only in the admin section editing things and in there I used the insert option in hopes of creating a new admin account.

Plugin Contributions

the login page says "LOGIN_EXPIRY_NOTICE" at the bottom and the reset email says "TEXT_EMAIL_MESSAGE_PWD_RESET"
    This suggests a faulty/bad installation. Generally missing files, occasionally the files have been uploaded to the wrong places, and in some occasions, the files simply aren't readable (permissions). The latter doesn't occur without manual intervention.

I think there is some code here not right which files do I edit the code
    IF it exists, it will/should be
    ../renamed_admin/includes/languages/english/login.php

Having told you that, BEFORE you go 'editing' this file you should check your error logs to see if it does actually have an error. With the info provided to us so far, my current thinking firstly, this folder/file doesn't exist, and secondly, if it does exist, it has an error that needs to be rectified. Yes, this will probably involve editing the file, but if you intention is to edit "LOGIN_EXPIRY_NOTICE" so it reads something like 'Please be aware that after 15 minutes of inactivity, you will be required to login again'. then you are barking in the wrong forrest. The UPPER_CASE_TEXT is telling us the relevant /language/* file(s) can't be read.
    This may or may not be the result of a previous edit.

This will have nothing to do with the zencart database.

The sql commands were a mix of the same thing " DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin"
    If I assume that this is an actual example of one of the commands used, if entered exactly as given, it will produce an SQL syntax error. If this is a truncated example of one of the commands sent, then you've messed up with the 'admin_email' data entry. 'admin' is not a valid email address.

I was in the zen cart mysql database changing the admin table in hopes of changing the password.
    Question. Was you seeing the
    "LOGIN_EXPIRY_NOTICE" at the bottom and the reset email says "TEXT_EMAIL_MESSAGE_PWD_RESET" *before* you started your 'editing' or did this start after you made some edits?
    I was only in the admin section editing things and in there I used the insert option in hopes of creating a new admin account.
    You currently have more than one thing to fix. The UPPER_CASE_TEXT (which will have nothing to do with admin logins or the database), as well as the login problem, which may or may not have had its origins in whatever caused or is causing the UPPER_CASE problem. If that wasn't bad enough, if the login problem was caused by the UPPER_CASE problem, then fixing that 1st would have fixed the login problem (in all likelihood), but the situation now is that your mysql commands have almost certainly trashed the admin table, which is why instead of one problem to fix, you now have at least two.

Methinks the UPPER_CASE_TEXT issue should be the 1st thing to fix. If you still can't login I'd be inclined to restore *just your admin* table from a backup. This will ensure that the table *structure* is intact, and if you are lucky, your old password will now work.
    If after you've restored this table from backup, and you still have no luck, then use the following link and enter the SQL comands relevant to your installation.

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...28i-lost-it%29

If you deviate from these steps (ie, if you skip the restore from backup) it *may* still get you going again, but if it doesn't, and you neglect to mention you've skipped this step we will/could start heading down a long murky road to nowhere.
    Also, if you deviate from these steps it is easily possible for you to introduce yet another problem.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

IF it exists, it will/should be
    ../renamed_admin/includes/languages/english/login.php

Having told you that, BEFORE you go 'editing' this file you should check your error logs to see if it does actually have an error. With the info provided to us so far, my current thinking firstly, this folder/file doesn't exist, and secondly, if it does exist, it has an error that needs to be rectified. Yes, this will probably involve editing the file, but if you intention is to edit "LOGIN_EXPIRY_NOTICE" so it reads something like 'Please be aware that after 15 minutes of inactivity, you will be required to login again'. then you are barking in the wrong forrest. The UPPER_CASE_TEXT is telling us the relevant /language/* file(s) can't be read.
    This may or may not be the result of a previous edit.

This will have nothing to do with the zencart database.
    I will go through your trouble shooting list one by one starting from the top as not to get ahead of myself and head through merky water. I copied the login.php code directly from the zen cart download and pasted it onto the file on the server. Nothing changed I'm still getting the LOGIN_EXPIRY_NOTICE at the bottom of the page. I'm still waiting on the resend email message.

Plugin Contributions

I was gonna ask if I can manually add a admin account and then change my password when I'm in the cpanel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast