Plugin Contributions

Default Downloadable files question....

I am using downloadable files and the payment module in PayPal Express. When My "test User" makes a purchase, he pays but the "Thank You" page always says payment is pending.

When I go into order status, it says it's "pending" Pending Reason: "Payment Review". I can set the order to "processing" and then go back into "My Account" and can download the file just fine. So it seems it is setup right, except I want the status to be such that the customer can access the file immediately.

What is it I have set wrong?

I am using V1.3.9 and my settings are:
    Enable Downloads = true
    Download by redirect = true

Payment Module Paypal Express:
    Enable Module = true
    set order process = processing
    unpaid order status = pending
    Payment action = final sale
    Paypal Mode = Paypal

Advice appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloadable files question....

UPDATE UPDATE

I went back in to the Payment module and set the "unpaid order status" from pending to processing and now it work fine.

Does this mean it is waiting for Paypal to send a confirmation of payment??? If so..does PayPal actually do that?

Just curious as to how that works.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That "status" ONLY indicates what status the ORDER is set into when that order is placed.

So, if you've set the module's setting to "Processing", then when the order is placed in the store and that payment module is used for payment, the order will be set to "Processing" status.

Oops - I mis-read the original post. See my reply below.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Paypal generally processes payments immediately - I get the order confirmation and the Paypal payment received notice within minutes or seconds - so there may be something wonky about your PP setup if you need to adjust "unpaid" order status.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    When I go into order status, it says it's "pending" Pending Reason: "Payment Review".
    That means PayPal has put a hold on the transaction, waiting for fraud review.

I can set the order to "processing" and then go back into "My Account" and can download the file just fine. So it seems it is setup right, except I want the status to be such that the customer can access the file immediately.
    You can override it and let the customer download anyway, but if PayPal ultimately denies the payment, you'll not be able to take the downloaded file back from the customer.

What is it I have set wrong?
    Probably nothing.
    Contact PayPal if they're always putting your customers' purchases in Payment Review status.

I went back in to the Payment module and set the "unpaid order status" from pending to processing and now it work fine.
    Doing that will of course allow the download to happen. But it doesn't fix the fact that PayPal has the payment held.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Doing that will of course allow the download to happen. But it doesn't fix the fact that PayPal has the payment held.
    I am testing this in sandbox mode. That may have something to do with it. I'll have to try live mode, if it still doesn't work, Ill call PayPal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You might have your sandbox account set up to leave payments in Pending Review status.
    Call PayPal if you need help on changing how you've configured your sandbox account.