Plugin Contributions

Default Retain access to the admin with rest of store gone..

Hey guys,
    I’ve got a zencart install in a root directory (one website amongst many).
    At a client’s request I need to switch them over to a different ecommerce package (they’ve spent $1000 on interspire) primarily because of zencarts lack of native support of stock tracking by variations.a
    If I keep the admin folder (named blueberry) and the database intact will they be able to access the admin section @ www.domain.com/blueberry even if the rest of the front end is gone?

They will need to be able to check old orders and customer details while the transition is happening.

Cheers

Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Retain access to the admin with rest of store gone..

The storefront side of Zen Cart is driven by the /index.php file and the /includes/ folder.
    The admin does make use of some of the files under the non-admin /includes/ folder, so that will need to remain intact.
    But the main index.php is used only by the storefront. So your new system can replace the existing index.php file.

In short, you need to keep:
    /includes/everything
    /admin/everything
    /admin/includes/everything (mentioned for clarity)
    /admin/index.php (mentioned for clarity)

but
    /index.php can be deleted or replaced

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The storefront side of Zen Cart is driven by

In short, you need to keep:
    /includes/everything
    OK. I was worried I'd have to keep includes. The new software also has a folder named includes..... this is going to cause conflict issues...

Is there are way to be more specific about which files I will need, or is there a way to rename the includes folder.......

I'm thinking the best method might be to transfer the existing cart to a subdomain (old.domain.com) and then delete it from the root.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your safest approach would be to relocate the store to another folder.

I'm not a fan of suggesting to use subdomains, mostly because most people get lost in how foldernames work with subdomains, and then end up here in a flurry of a thousand questions after they broke it, when simply moving to another folder is easier to comprehend.
    But, if a subdomain is what you wish to do, feel free.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.