Plugin Contributions

Default 1 prod with 60 avail but 3 diff attributes for total

Testing now the whole download thing - works perfectly with zip file where i know a person will only order one.

Problems with pdf dload order when set dload amount to 30 in attributes and test by making order of 3 when get to dload confirmation it comes up as 1 order.

Then when set to 1 in attributes and make the order the cart allows me and charges me for more.

Plugin Contributions

Default 1 prod with 60 avail but 3 diff attributes for total

what happens when say 48 tickets are used up of the diff attributes and only 12 left but som1 at end chooses 13 ?

does it go to sorry sold out or sorry sold out and only 12 tickets available?

Plugin Contributions

Default dload attributes so far only work w/parts

dload attributes so far only work w/parts;

If you have a big file and want smaller split files that is fine because 1 will still equals 1....

but if you want one product of 100 and yet you have so many attributes to choose from- it becomes complicated!

Add that complexity with digital dloads and if you choose infinite dloads to placate any number of variable orders customers either become confused by the tooing and froing with dloads after taken to take out product OR they are forced with dload and still have same problem of re- order- AND NEXT possible available options before some new author makes it available is buy the same ticket and in comments say which type you want.- in other words choose at the door and seller will never know what it is they must most stock up on! Even with this final option they must keep going back to re-oder with a family of 5 that is going back 5 annoying times! would put me off for sure!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1 prod with 60 avail but 3 diff attributes for total

Charlotte,

Your three posts, all on the same thing, have been merged into one. PLEASE stop scattering the same questions in separate discussions, as it makes it REALLY hard to follow the conversation, which is largely a continuation of concepts discussed in http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188269 and http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188214 and http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180576 .

Today's posts all appear to be related to confusion over your expectation of attribute handling.

Zen Cart v1.x doesn't support stock handling at the attribute level. It only handles stock/inventory limitations at the "product" level. If you need more granular control, there's an extensive addon which many have used to handle that, Stock By Attributes, to varying degrees of success according to their unique requirements.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I should work through things before I ask so continuing on thinking about this..

A/ How do i HIDE max download count

B/ How do you make it so download window opens on new page instead of ppl having to work out to press the back button on browser to return to dloads purchase page?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charliepingpong View Post
    How do you make it so download window opens on new page instead of ppl having to work out to press the back button on browser to return to dloads purchase page?
    I'm not sure I understand. On my fresh clean install without any addons, when I click to download an item I've purchased, it downloads directly, not changing the page on me. Thus I can immediately click the link for another download showing on the same page, without pressing any "back" button.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I'm on a mac and tested it on safari, firefox and google chrome and all three browsers it opens up the acrobat window and begins to download and then you are left there with no return to product page so I've had to leave instructions for users to right click the download button or control click for no right click mouse users. I just hope if people don't read those instructions they will think to press back or navigate way back to product page :/

Found out you can't hide max download and when I set it to unlimited at '0' it by default shows 30. So now I've set all dloads to 1 and instructed people to print off number according to order- obviously they'll have a dload for each separate category.

Ultimately I'd like it so a new page opened and everything to be downloaded revealed itself on the same page even if you had five of the one pdf- it was all there ready to print out.

Thanks DrByte, what browser are you on and what type of computer please?

Plugin Contributions

Can someone else please test this if they are on a mac for safari or firefox or g.chrome?