Plugin Contributions

Default Product not showing in sub category

Hey everyone,

My product are not showing in one of my sub category but if i used the product filter, the product are present.

The link to the non working category is: http://royal-fleur.com/index.php?mai...dex&cPath=8_50

what could be the problem?

Please help thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product not showing in sub category

First steps:
    Check in admin under Catalog-> Categories/Products -> Wedding (the subcategory that is coming up empty.)
    Is there a Red box in status column? Click it to reactivate and turn green.
    In the quantity column do you have at least 1 active product in the subcatgory?
    Now open the subcategory and check for green boxes under status. You need green status boxes for your products to list.
    Finally, check each product for inventory levels. You need products to sell for your products to list. The second item in the Product details screen is Product Status: It must be on to be listed.
    Scroll down to Product Quantity. You must have at least 1 in inventory to have the product listed.
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ronlee67 View Post
    First steps:
    Check in admin under Catalog-> Categories/Products -> Wedding (the subcategory that is coming up empty.)
    Is there a Red box in status column? Click it to reactivate and turn green.
    In the quantity column do you have at least 1 active product in the subcatgory?
    Now open the subcategory and check for green boxes under status. You need green status boxes for your products to list.
    Finally, check each product for inventory levels. You need products to sell for your products to list. The second item in the Product details screen is Product Status: It must be on to be listed.
    Scroll down to Product Quantity. You must have at least 1 in inventory to have the product listed.
    The subcategory box is green since the subcategory is showing.

All the product in the subgategory are green and with quantity to 1
    But none of the products are showings unless i used the filter on top of the page.

This is the only subcategory which has the problem so I am kind of lost here.

I tried to delete the subcategory and products and reload everything but no change

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post

But none of the products are showings unless i used the filter on top of the page.

I tried to delete the subcategory and products and reload everything but no change
    That's a real puzzle. Have you tried disabling the filter to see what happens? In Admin: Configuration-> Product Listing -> Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=off; 1=on)
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

I looked at the page in the link (call it "bad page") and I looked at the category above it - (call it "good page").
    I saved the source for both, ran it in winmerge and there is a BIG chunk of code missing on the bad page.
    Both pages are pretty close up to and thru the code for filtering by first letter, but then the bad page is missing everything afterwards - which might be a place to start looking since the missing code starts with this: <div id="productListing">

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post

I'm having the same issue here. see my website fashionbajuanak.com, when i click the main category, I can see my product list (however, it doesn't display page 1,2,3 as there are other products not listed in this page). I hope someone can help us with this sub-category issue.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have products directly under the top level category along with subcategories?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Do you have products directly under the top level category along with subcategories?
    Yes, still I have to use the filter in order to display the product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icuplatte View Post
    Yes, still I have to use the filter in order to display the product.
    You need to move any products that are directly located in the top level category to a sub-category.