Plugin Contributions

Default Modifying Create Account Registration Form - can it be done?

Hi - I am using version 1.3.9h and have the need to ensure and confirm that my customers have registered businesses by way of inserting an ABN (Australian Business Number).

In the registration form can I add a block under "company name" that asks for "ABN" - can this form be modified?. I did try to alter tpl_create_account_default.php by copying and modifying the data for "Account_Company" however it did not change the form. Additionally I need to have that information as *Required information.

I have scoured FAQ's / Tutorials with no luck.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Modifying Create Account Registration Form - can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi - I am using version 1.3.9h and have the need to ensure and confirm that my customers have registered businesses by way of inserting an ABN (Australian Business Number).

In the registration form can I add a block under "company name" that asks for "ABN" - can this form be modified?. I did try to alter tpl_create_account_default.php by copying and modifying the data for "Account_Company" however it did not change the form. Additionally I need to have that information as *Required information.

I have scoured FAQ's / Tutorials with no luck.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Mike

Check out this mod. It will show you the files you need to alter.

Confirm Email Address Entry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    Check out this mod. It will show you the files you need to alter.

Confirm Email Address Entry
    Gilby - many thanks. I loaded what you said and now have a confirm email box - using the file tpl_modules_create_account.php I was able to create an additional input box below the one for "company details" simply by duplication and calling it what I needed. Problem is that there is no place in the database tables for this category - e.g. the string for "company ABN" is to the same section of address book as for "company name" - so with ABN box below Company Name the details saved for the customer is the ABN = a bunch of numbers. (I have now reversed the order which is not ideal)

Also I cannot get either the existing "company name" or the added on "company ABN" to be "Required information" with the asterisk.

It appears that "company details" does not have the same essential status as all the other data for registration - in the case of a WHOLESALER that info is critical so that one does not upset the retailer customer base by selling to just anyone (and believe me, they will find out when someone goes into their store and blabs that they got it much cheaper on the web!! - "oh really, what site was that??"... OUCH!!

So at present I have a pseudo system that consciously forces someone to submit the ABN but doesn't validate it (ABN = eleven numbers) nor save that info to my database.

So which files now do I need to modify and where in those files?

cheers and thanks again for your help,
    Mike

p.s. does anyone else have this issue for dealing only with retail trade accounts - i.e. validating the legitemacy of their registration details?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Gilby - many thanks. I loaded what you said and now have a confirm email box - using the file tpl_modules_create_account.php I was able to create an additional input box below the one for "company details" simply by duplication and calling it what I needed. Problem is that there is no place in the database tables for this category - e.g. the string for "company ABN" is to the same section of address book as for "company name" - so with ABN box below Company Name the details saved for the customer is the ABN = a bunch of numbers. (I have now reversed the order which is not ideal)

Also I cannot get either the existing "company name" or the added on "company ABN" to be "Required information" with the asterisk.

It appears that "company details" does not have the same essential status as all the other data for registration - in the case of a WHOLESALER that info is critical so that one does not upset the retailer customer base by selling to just anyone (and believe me, they will find out when someone goes into their store and blabs that they got it much cheaper on the web!! - "oh really, what site was that??"... OUCH!!

So at present I have a pseudo system that consciously forces someone to submit the ABN but doesn't validate it (ABN = eleven numbers) nor save that info to my database.

So which files now do I need to modify and where in those files?

cheers and thanks again for your help,
    Mike

p.s. does anyone else have this issue for dealing only with retail trade accounts - i.e. validating the legitemacy of their registration details?
    This might help (haven't tried it myself)

Additional Customers Fields

Also for validation see Format of the Australian Business Number (ABN)
    This only validates that it is a valid ABN
    It doesn't tell you if a company actually uses that number
    Goodle search for "validate ABN" produces lots of potentiallly useful info.

Making fields "required"?
    look thru the confirm email mod for code that does this, and adapt it to the fields you want it to apply to.