Plugin Contributions

Default XAMPP Testing Question

I have loaded v1.3.9h on to the XAMPP test server. Things are going pretty good except that when I test the checkout process I can get all the way to confirming the order, but instead of getting an order confirmation page, I just get a blank page. Is this because I'm on a test server? I would like to test the full functionality of my website before I put it out on the web. Should I be able to complete an order and even get the order pending e-mail sent to me?

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: XAMPP Testing Question

It could be failing for any number of reasons, all of which are a result of a failure to access a required resource. That could be sending an email, it could be talking to an external server for another reason, it could be a lot of things. Especially problematic on non-live "test" servers since they're often not adequately equipped to do full website operations. It could also be a PHP error caused by a syntax error in one of your customizations or a badly installed addon or a poorly-written addon.

Related FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I found the debug file that was talked about in the link you posted. Looks like it was a time out error. Here it is:

error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\zen\includes\classes\http_client.php on line 338

This is what line 338 looks like:

$this->replyString = trim(fgets($this->socket, 1024));

I haven't touched this file. Do you think I should just upload my site to my hosting server and see if I have the same problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That suggests that it's having trouble making an external communications attempt, and your local XAMPP server or your ISP are blocking the port/communications from taking place adequately.
    So, yes, a proper test would be performed by loading the site to a properly hosted website.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.