Plugin Contributions

Default problems copying over my website onto my localhost

Hi there, I'm not a complete newb and I've done this before, indeed I've done today with another site but with this one particular one, I have problems.

I'm trying to get a copy of my website off the server and onto my localhost so I can do a bit of testing. Go through the process as usual, install same version, then copy over files minus the configure.php's.

Install works fine but when I copy over the files I just get a blank page for my homepage. I've tried winmerging and copying over files which don't match one by one, but this breaks other things and I'm not really sure what's going on.

I'm using 1.3.7 (I know) and it's got a few mods including one of the seo url ones. I've tried copying over everything minus .htaccess files as well btw.

For hours and hours I've copied, pasted, downloaded, re-copied, more pasting, more fiddling and even changed my xampp installation back several versions several times.

Can't get it to work. Can't figure out what might be wrong either.

Anyone got any ideas? I'll go off and try to answer some questions for ppl in the hope someone can help me in this thread :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problems copying over my website onto my localhost

What happens when you add the debug-logging addon and look at the log files? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Is the PHP version you're using compatible with that old ZC version?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hey man, thanks so much, it seems it was indeed a file messing up when I ftp'd it. I will make sure I search the forum before asking in future, I guess in my frustration I didn't think straight.

So bloody annoying knowing I've wasted the day on something so stupid, but at the same time really relieving to know its not a problem. Thanks :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

We've all been there!
    I often use WinMerge to verify that I've not missed any files. Something to consider for future ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.