Plugin Contributions

Default Bank account number changed

I have had to close the account at the bank that was hooked to my website. I don't know who to contact to give the new banking information. Right now, if someone tries to buy from my site, they are told to send a cheque or money order. I need to get things back to normal so my customers can use their credit card for a purchase.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bank account number changed

There are 2 ways that a bank account number might be associated with your online store:
    a) If you have added a Direct Deposit payment module to your store so that customers are shown your bank account number upon checkout so they can go online and do their own funds transfer directly to your bank account. In that case, go to your Zen Cart Admin->Modules->Payment, click on your custom direct deposit addon module and click Edit to edit the information shown to your customers.

b) Or you may have a credit card processing agreement with a payment services provider. That requires a "merchant account", which is connected to your business bank account. To adjust which bank account is connected to your merchant account for clearing credit card or other similar transactions, contact your payment gateway provider. Those bank account details have nothing to do with Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply. I would be good to go as soon as I know what a "payment gateway provider" is. There are so many players in this game and I am getting confused as to who provides what. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How was the money getting into your bank account "before"? Whoever was doing that for you is who you need to talk to now.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.