Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't get rid of alert page on new install

This is the first time I'm using Zen Cart and I went through the installation without a problem, I can view the site, but when I type in the admin address, it directs me to an alert page with broken images on it and it looks like the home page of my main web site. I did not create this page. It's redirecting to a sub-folder in my store directory called admin, and this directory doesn't even exist! I renamed the admin directory like I was instructed to. There was a previous and incomplete installation of Zen Cart on the web site, but I delted all of the database files and deleted all of the files on the server before starting over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get rid of alert page on new install

You renamed the admin folder. Did you then download the two config files, and rewrite all the lines that needed rewriting, and then upload them?
    If you did - when you tried to go back to the admin login page for the first time, did you check to see that the bookmark wasn't directing you to the old /admin/ folder? The first time you may need to go up to the URL bar and replace /admin/ with
    /newnameofadminfolder/

Plugin Contributions

Hhhhhhmmmm... I downloaded both configuration files, but I do not see a reference to the admin directory. It would be the following two files: /includes/configure.php and /newadminfoldername/configuration.php, right?

Plugin Contributions

I also found references in /newfoldername/includes/configure.php and renamed them as well.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

What I probably didn't do is make the file read-only again. However, once I make the file read-only again in Dreamweaver and upload it to the server, it's no longer marked as read-only on the server, so it's not loading the admin area still.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like you're confused a bit about file permissions.
    Once you've got the new configure file (and saved a copy of the original somewhere) on your computer, ftp in to your store. Then change the permissions of the one already on your store Depending on your ftp program it might be a button that says permissions, or you can right click on the file and select permissions. Change the permissions to 777. Then upload the "new" file on top of it. It should ask you if you want to overwrite it - say Yes. Then once it's been overwritten, right click on it again and reset the permissions to whatever they were originally.

It doesn't matter what the permissions of the new file on your home computer are, if you don't change the permissions of the old one at your store site, you will never be able to overwrite it.

Plugin Contributions

Don't use DreamWeaver when editing files. (Ony a real GURU in DW and zencart should be using DW...)

You edit files using a PLAIN TEXT EDITOR, such as Crimson Editor.

The configure.php files are the only files you touch.

includes/configure.php
    admin/includes/configure.php (where "admin" = whatever name you have called the folder).

Put DW back in its box and resist the temptation to use it to tinker with ZC.

The file permissions should be set in your webhost CPANEL File Manager console, and (before editing) should be at least 644, and after editing, changed to 444.

If you are on a windoze server, you have my most sincere sympathies - change to Linux.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Wow - how frustrating! The permissions on the file are 0444 and still it won't show up on the web site. The file I'm referring to is /mynewdirectoryname/includes/configure.php. Also, /includes/configure.php. Is there another one that I'm missing as well?

Plugin Contributions

What do you mean by "It won't show up on the website"?
    What happens when you go to the URL bar in your browser and type in:
    http://www.nameofyourdomain.com/name...lder/login.php

well I type a fake URL and it gets hidden. I'm trying to say this (without the spaces)

http: // www.nameofyourdomain.com / nameofyournewadminfolder / login.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast