Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Home login/register links

Hi all I'd like to move the Home login/register links so they sit where the search box is at the moment what files do I have to edit to do this Cheers
    http://www.rvsolarsystems.co.uk/store/
    What ever your doing remember to KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid )

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Home login/register links

go to your includes>>templates>> YOUR template folder>>common>> tpl_header.php
    Believe it or not But My existence is illusional

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav10feb View Post
    go to your includes>>templates>> YOUR template folder>>common>> tpl_header.php
    thanks for the reply just found the answer here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ht=header+tabs
    just had to merge it with the comstock tpl file to put the date/time back and alter the logo wrapper job done. now my head hurts oh should have mentioned i'm doing a rework on my site with zen 1.5rc2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by discoverytdi View Post
    thanks for the reply just found the answer here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ht=header+tabs
    just had to merge it with the comstock tpl file to put the date/time back and alter the logo wrapper job done. now my head hurts oh should have mentioned i'm doing a rework on my site with zen 1.5rc2
    spoke to soon that totally wrecked the layuot. could do with some pointers how to achieve this

Plugin Contributions

You would want to move the code that generates the home/login to inside the navAccount div, wherever that code is. You would probably want to trim some of the functionality, as there will now be duplicate account links there when a customer is logged in (unless that has already been done - I didn't make a test account to find out).

The current #navAccount has a background gif to make the bordered box with rounded corner; that will not fit more links, and with modern browsers you can probably switch that box generation to pure CSS, like this:

#navAccount {border:1px solid #112233; border-top-left-radius: 9px; background-color:#aabbcc;}

The worst that could happen is that the rounded corner squares off in older browsers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    You would want to move the code that generates the home/login to inside the navAccount div, wherever that code is. You would probably want to trim some of the functionality, as there will now be duplicate account links there when a customer is logged in (unless that has already been done - I didn't make a test account to find out).

The current #navAccount has a background gif to make the bordered box with rounded corner; that will not fit more links, and with modern browsers you can probably switch that box generation to pure CSS, like this:

#navAccount {border:1px solid #112233; border-top-left-radius: 9px; background-color:#aabbcc;}

The worst that could happen is that the rounded corner squares off in older browsers.
    Hi gjh42 I'm not worried about the #nav account background I can sort that, but Ive been staring and altering this code I've totally lost the plot
    here's my tpl_header file as I'm lost now

<?php
    /**
    * Common Template - tpl_header.php
    * this file can be copied to /templates/your_template_dir/pagename<br />
    * example: to override the privacy page<br />
    * make a directory /templates/my_template/privacy<br />
    * copy /templates/templates_defaults/common/tpl_footer.php to /templates/my_template/privacy/tpl_header.php<br />
    * to override the global settings and turn off the footer un-comment the following line:<br />
    * <br />
    * $flag_disable_header = true;<br />
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_header.php 4813 2006-10-23 02:13:53Z drbyte $
    */
    ?>

<?php
    // Display all header alerts via messageStack:
    if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
    echo $messageStack->output('header');
    }
    if (isset($_GET['error_message']) && zen_not_null($_GET['error_message'])) {
    echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($_GET['error_message']));
    }
    if (isset($_GET['info_message']) && zen_not_null($_GET['info_message'])) {
    echo htmlspecialchars($_GET['info_message']);
    } else {

}
    ?>

<!--bof-header logo and navigation display-->
    <?php
    if (!isset($flag_disable_header) || !$flag_disable_header) {
    ?>

<div id="headerWrapper">

<!--bof-branding display-->
    <div id="logoWrapper">
    <div id="navMainSearch"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'sideboxes/search_header.php'); ?></div>
    <!-- <div id="logo">
    <?php // echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?>
    </div> -->
    <?php if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '' || (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2))) { ?>
    <div id="taglineWrapper">
    <?php
    if (HEADER_SALES_TEXT != '') {
    ?>
    <div id="tagline"><?php echo HEADER_SALES_TEXT;?></div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerTwo" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner);?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>
    </div>
    <?php } // no HEADER_SALES_TEXT or SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 ?>
    </div>
    <!--<br class="clearBoth" />-->
    <!--eof-branding display-->

<!--bof-navigation display-->

<div id="navAccountWrapper">
    <div id="navAccount">
    <ul class="back">
    <li class="contact"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT; ?></a></li>
    <li class="account"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <li class="shop"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>

<div id="navMainWrapper">
    <div id="navMain">
    <ul class="back">
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    </ul>
    <div class="date"><?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG);?></div>
    </div>
    <!--<br class="clearBoth" />-->
    </div>
    <!--eof-navigation display-->

<!--eof-header logo and navigation display-->

<!--bof-optional categories tabs navigation display-->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_categories_tabs.php'); ?>
    <!--eof-optional categories tabs navigation display-->

<!--bof-header ezpage links-->
    <?php if (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '1' or (EZPAGES_STATUS_HEADER == '2' and (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])))) { ?>
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php'); ?>
    <?php } else {?>
    <div id="navEZPagesTop">&nbsp;</div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof-header ezpage links-->

<div id="navExtraWrapper">
    <div id="navExtra">
    <?php echo HEADER_EXTRA_TEXT; ?>
    </div>
    </div>

</div>
    <?php } ?>

Plugin Contributions

Put this section from the original nav:
    Code:
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a></li>
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    into the navAccount section at the marker:
    Code:
    <!--bof-navigation display-->

<div id="navAccountWrapper">
    <div id="navAccount">
    <ul class="back">

--->insert main nav code here

<li class="contact"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT; ?></a></li>
    <li class="account"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a></li>
    <li class="shop"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>
    You can add
    class="homeLink"
    or the like to the relocated <li> tags similar to the ones currently in the navAccount section, if you want, for styling hooks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi gjh42 Thanks for your help I've decided to use ezpage links I know you can slap me but hay I've learned something so not a complete waste just have sort out the blank space left by some of the links but thats css and I've got quiet good at that thaks again

Plugin Contributions

I like the ez-page menus... Do be aware that they won't switch login/logout links the way the original code does. I actually posted a code fix for that for someone yesterday, if you want to have that functionality.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    I like the ez-page menus... Do be aware that they won't switch login/logout links the way the original code does. I actually posted a code fix for that for someone yesterday, if you want to have that functionality.
    will it work with this setup
    http://www.rvsolarsystems.co.uk/shop/index.php this is a work in progress to test zen 1.5
    also is there a way of checking that I haven't created any errors by deleting code form the tpl.header file
    Cheers peter

Small Greenman no image on your site don't know if your aware
    Last edited by discoverytdi; 30 Nov 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast