Plugin Contributions

Default Good Template Sources Plz

I am about to start a new e-commerce site and am looking for a theme. I have previously used several premium themes from templatemonster.com however I have always had a lot of difficulties implementing add-ons because of poor coding ethics used in the templates files.
    I want a nice clean install this time round so that I dont have any issues whilst trying to use add-ons.
    Does anyone know any good sources for themes that have good coding standards.
    Templatemonster templates are some of the best looking and most expensive but there is a lot of poor coding ethics. Any support is appreciated
    Visit Andy's Motorcycles
    www.andysmotorcycles.com
    Motorcycle & Scooter Parts, Spares & accessories

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Good Template Sources Plz

Why not take a look at the free templates in the add-on section. Find one with the layout you want, and then just play with the css to get the color scheme you like?

Plugin Contributions

You can look here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=40_53

All are free. They won't be as graphic-heavy as TM templates, but you won't have any problem with poor coding.

Two opinions:

I think many Zenners worry way too much about the appearance of their stores. Clean, simple design with excellent navigation works best for me as a customer.

Creating your own template is satisfying and you end up with exactly what you want. You learn a lot about Zencart and CSS, too.

Plugin Contributions

All of my sites in my sig are adaptions of the PureGreen/Blue/Red series of free templates

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I think many Zenners worry way too much about the appearance of their stores. Clean, simple design with excellent navigation works best for me as a customer.

Creating your own template is satisfying and you end up with exactly what you want. You learn a lot about Zencart and CSS, too.
    Best advice...

Steve's point about worrying "too much" over the cosmetics is extremely valid. Get the site FUNCTIONAL and OPERATIONAL - even on a basic clone of the "classic" template.

The vast majority of your visitors are there to find good products at attractive prices, so JUST START SELLING. When the money starts to roll in, look at "polishing" the template. This is very easy in ZC because all the main graphic elements can be changed in a couple of hours.

There are some very nice add-ons - such as Shopping Cart in Header, and the Column Grid product listing layout, and these can be added to a standard template very quickly and easily.

We find Numinix's FEC (Fast and Easy Checkout) is excellent for customer ease-of-use and this too can be added to a standard template.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Clean, simple design with excellent navigation works best for me as a customer.
    Yea, verily.

All of my sites in my sig are adaptions of the PureGreen/Blue/Red series of free templates
    Love those, and use Blue on one of my sites. They also work in 1.50 in case anybody is interested.