Thread: Instant Search

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Instant Search

I'm getting this error

"The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes"

I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.7C with Responsive_Classic template

I had an older version working and wanted to update to this new version.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brian70809 View Post
    I'm getting this error

"The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes"

I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.7C with Responsive_Classic template

I had an older version working and wanted to update to this new version.

Thanks!
    Can you check if you're using MySQL engine version 5.5 (from the Zen Cart Admin, Tools > Server/version info, look for "Database Engine")?

If that's the case, I would first recommend to upgrade MySQL to a more recent version, as 5.5 is EOL since many years. If that's not possible, replace the word "InnoDB" with "MyISAM" in zencart_instantsearch/zc_plugins/InstantSearch/v<x.y.z>/Installer/ScriptedInstaller.php and try installing again.

Plugin Contributions

Using instantSearch v4.0.0 on a freshly-minted zc158a installation with a clone of the responsive_classic template on PHP 7.4.30.

When I type in the search box, I'm getting the following log:
    Code:
    [03-Apr-2023 17:13:33 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php:282
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php(282): strip_tags(NULL)
    #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php(196): zcAjaxInstantSearch->formatDropdownResults(Array)
    #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\ajax.php(85): zcAjaxInstantSearch->instantSearch()
    #3 {main}
      thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php on line 282

[03-Apr-2023 17:13:33 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /mysite/ajax.php?act=ajaxInstantSearch&method=instantSearch, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php:282
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php(282): strip_tags(NULL)
    #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php(196): zcAjaxInstantSearch->formatDropdownResults(Array)
    #3 {main}
      thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php on line 282.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Using instantSearch v4.0.0 on a freshly-minted zc158a installation with a clone of the responsive_classic template on PHP 7.4.30.

When I type in the search box, I'm getting the following log:
    Code:
    [03-Apr-2023 17:13:33 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php:282
    Stack trace:
    #3 {main}
      thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php on line 282

[03-Apr-2023 17:13:33 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /mysite/ajax.php?act=ajaxInstantSearch&method=instantSearch, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, null given in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php:282
    Stack trace:
    #3 {main}
      thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite\includes\classes\ajax\zcAjaxInstantSearch.php on line 282.
    Fixed in this commit that I'll include in the next release: https://github.com/marco-pm/zencart_...3a4f49a97f7072

In short, replace $img !== '' with !empty($img)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response! I can confirm that your change corrected the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Havin a problem installing this, I get "Column 'products_description' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index" when trying to install the plugin in my store admin, I have also replaced InnoDB with MyISAM in the script installer as detailed above but I get the same error when clicking on install. Is there something I can change in my database using myphpAdmin to fix this?

PHP Version: 7.1.33 (Zend: 3.1.0)
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.3.27-MariaDB
    Zen Cart 1.5.7c

I hope this is an easy fix as my search is currently non-functioning (I installed on my live store without testing lol)
    For example, when I search for 'Upholstery' I get a page not found error and the url is changed to index.php?main_page=FILENAME_INSTANT_SEARCH_RESULT&keyword=upholstery

Name:  fulltext.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  21.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CunningStunt2 View Post
    Havin a problem installing this, I get "Column 'products_description' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index" when trying to install the plugin in my store admin, I have also replaced InnoDB with MyISAM in the script installer as detailed above but I get the same error when clicking on install. Is there something I can change in my database using myphpAdmin to fix this?

PHP Version: 7.1.33 (Zend: 3.1.0)
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.3.27-MariaDB
    Zen Cart 1.5.7c

I hope this is an easy fix as my search is currently non-functioning (I installed on my live store without testing lol)
    For example, when I search for 'Upholstery' I get a page not found error and the url is changed to index.php?main_page=FILENAME_INSTANT_SEARCH_RESULT&keyword=upholstery

Name:  fulltext.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  21.1 KB
    Apart from the index error, your PHP version is too old for this plugin, it requires at least PHP 7.4. So it won't work no matter what.
    With that configuration you should use an older version (v1) of the plugin.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info Marcopm, i'll remove what i've uploaded and give the older version a go.

Plugin Contributions

Love this plugin!!! I was hoping that someone could give some guidance as to how to include the products description in the drop down.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure there is a way to add that and looking at https://www.cloudways.com/blog/live-...hp-mysql-ajax/ might give some pointers BUT,

I'm not sure you could successfully present enough space to show enough of the product description to make it worthwhile.

Even using more... to truncate the presented info, you would still need 100-150 characters to show to even start making sense of what might be in the description. Google truncates its search results at 160 characters.

Whereever you decide to truncate for the search, you would need to make sure the characters shown are not just filler but contain enough information to "tease" the customer.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast