Thread: Instant Search

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Instant Search

I have recently installed the instant search on my live v.1.5.8 cart and it works great, except for one small hitch. When I type in the Search it brings up the results as intended, but if I press the Enter key after my search query it just brings up the buffering circle and never completes.

Any ideas as to why this could be?? Wanted to fix it for those with slower internet where the instant results might not be coming up fast enough and they hit the Enter key instead.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Plugin Contributions

At this point it is entering into the normal search processing.
    Any debugs?
    Do you have the infinite scroll enabled in the IS configuration page?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply Torvista!

There are no Debug Logs being thrown....which makes it hard to decipher. I have looked for the Infinite Scroll option in Admin->Instant Search and do not see this option. I have the max results set to 40 (as it requires a number) and Number of Results per Ajax Call set to 10

Not sure my answers will help much.....any other ideas on what/where to check???

Plugin Contributions

Your reply got me thinking Torvista so I performed a Search with pressing the Enter key with Inspect turned on in Firefox and it it did return this error:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: document.querySelector(...) is null
    displayResults https://www.nitwitcollections.com/sh...h_result.js:94
    <anonymous> https://www.nitwitcollections.com/sh...h_result.js:29
    async* https://www.nitwitcollections.com/sh...h_result.js:38

Not sure if this helps? (I typed in the word Fall for my search term)

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have my search box contained within a Bootstrap modal. I am trying set focus on the input box when the modal shows, without success. Any guidance is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

As an update to my post regarding Search buffering if someone presses Enter instead of waiting for instant results to show....my Debug Logs have been clear, but yesterday I had 2 of these logs with an error. I am hoping that this may shed some light. Here is the log

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, null given in /home/store/public_html/shop/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown.php:164
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/store/public_html/shop/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown.php(164): strip_tags(NULL)
    #1 /home/store/public_html/shop/zc_plugins/InstantSearch/v3.0.1/classes/InstantSearch.php(129): zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown->formatResults()
    #2 /home/store/public_html/shop/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown.php(105): Zencart\Plugins\Catalog\InstantSearch\InstantSearch->performSearch('uni')
    #3 /home/store/public_html/shop/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown.php(72): zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown->performSearch('uni')
    #4 /home/store/public_html/shop/ajax.php(85): zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown->instantSearch()
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /home/store/public_html/shop/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxInstantSearchDropdown.php on line 164

Thanks in advance for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Just giving this thread a bump to see if anyone else has had the same problem with it continuously buffering if you press your Enter key after typing in your Search query and/or if anyone has a solution.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have been endlessly playing with this plugin to correct the problem I have been having where it endlessly buffers when I press Enter instead of just looking at the Dropdown results.

I have now found a solution by changing a setting in Admin->Config->Instant Search When I set the Listing Page - Enabled to false, it still shows the dropdown results, but when I press my Enter key it now shows all of the results in the main page.

Hope this helps anyone else who is having this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Guessing I misunderstand how this search works, but where can I find the searching SQL statement so that I can add some restrictions?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lindasdd View Post
    Guessing I misunderstand how this search works, but where can I find the searching SQL statement so that I can add some restrictions?
    The SQL statements are in:
    zc_plugins/InstantSearch/v4.0.2/classes/SearchEngineProviders/MysqlSearchEngineProvider.php

Assuming you have not installed the Typesense plug-in.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast