Thread: Instant Search

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Instant Search

Quote Originally Posted by giancalr View Post
    Hello, I did a clean install of zen cart 157d but when I install the pug in me it gives this error: [22-Mar-2022 11:47:11 Europe / Rome] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting '{' in /includes/functions/extra_functions/instant_search_functions.php on line 17

[22-Mar-2022 11:47:11 Europe / Rome] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=index, IP address: 151.26.166.102
    -> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting '{' in /includes/functions/extra_functions/instant_search_functions.php on line 17.
    That's because you're using PHP 5.x.
    Again: minimum requirement is PHP 7.x

Plugin Contributions

I installed the current version into my 1.5.7d it works in the product search box but not in any other search box.[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, Segoe UI, Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Arial, Noto Sans, Liberation Sans, sans-serif, Apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol, Noto Color Emoji] All the files are in the correct locations and I have uninstalled and re-installed but it still only works in the product search. Since it works in the product search box but nowhere else I suspect I have something installed incorrectly.

Do you have any suggestion's where I should look to solve the problem?
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

You don't state what template you are using. Bootstrap includes a great search feature but, you have to turn it on.

This one says it has some options so you might want to look through the files for possible switches.

Plugin Contributions

Getting this error non stop for all instant searches. Just would like to see what I could do to stop the errors in my Debug Logs.

Log File:

[05-Sep-2022 11:31:05 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 44

[05-Sep-2022 11:31:05 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /ajax.php?act=ajaxInstantSearch&method=instantSearch, IP address: xxxxxxxx
    --> PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 44.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Getting this error non stop for all instant searches. Just would like to see what I could do to stop the errors in my Debug Logs.

Log File:

[05-Sep-2022 11:31:05 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 44

[05-Sep-2022 11:31:05 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /ajax.php?act=ajaxInstantSearch&method=instantSearch, IP address: xxxxxxxx
    --> PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 44.
    Ensure that "Search product's attributes values" under Instant Search settings is set to false and/or increase PHP memory limit from 256M to 512M

I sometimes get that error as well on my dev environment where php's memory_limit is set to 128M or so. I'll try to see if I can make some changes to the plugin to avoid those errors

Plugin Contributions

I am using the Responsive template.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    I am using the Responsive template.
    It should work then. Do you have any customizations to the template?
    The plugin attaches the results dropdown under every input box with name "keyword". If it doesn't show then it could be that those search boxes have another name

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.58 php8.0 responsive classic template

I just tried to install this v2.1.0 version instant search from zc plug-in library. It still works!

It is my first time to use this plug-in and I have one question. My instant search result doesn't search the product description. For example, I have a sample text "ABCDE" in one of the listing description. If I search "ABCDE", I will get empty result from the instant search. I checked the previous posts and this plug-in should also search the listing description, correct? I checked the settings of this plug-in and I cannot find an on/off switch for description search...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by njcyx View Post
    zc 1.58 php8.0 responsive classic template

I just tried to install this v2.1.0 version instant search from zc plug-in library. It still works!

It is my first time to use this plug-in and I have one question. My instant search result doesn't search the product description. For example, I have a sample text "ABCDE" in one of the listing description. If I search "ABCDE", I will get empty result from the instant search. I checked the previous posts and this plug-in should also search the listing description, correct? I checked the settings of this plug-in and I cannot find an on/off switch for description search...
    It doesn't search the product description. I might add this feature in a future version with another on/off switch setting, but, if enabled, I'm afraid it would slow down the search too much (it already has some slowness/memory consumption problems). At that point it would be like a normal ("advanced") search, while the focus of the instant search is to be faster and less refined than the normal search.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You don't state what template you are using. Bootstrap includes a great search feature but, you have to turn it on.

This one says it has some options so you might want to look through the files for possible switches.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but you mean the AJAX search in ZCA Bootstrap Template.

As I thought instant search was also an AJAX search, I am interested in learning the difference between the two.

Was a version of the Instant Search mod incorporated into ZCA Bootstrap Template or is its search a completely different build?

Thanks

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast