Thread: Instant Search

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Instant Search

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    I am just wondering whether a somewhat detailed explanation/instruction upon how best to setup or structure the wording of the product description field would be highly beneficial to all and sundry.
    As for the search results, don't worry too much. If there is a search word in the product description, the product is included in the results. Simple as that.

However, I'm considering including the product keywords meta tag field as an additional field to search. This way you could add some keywords that are not included in the description but that you still want to associate with the product in the search.
    Meta keywords are no longer used by search engines (since quite a long time ago) by the way, so at least we make some use of them

Plugin Contributions

Version 3.0.1 of the plugin is available. It includes a bugfix and the possibility to include the product keywords meta tag in the searchable fields.

Plugin Contributions

This is a great plugin marcopm and thanks for your work on it.

I have downloaded the newest version from Github and installed it into v.1.5.8 and when running it I get this error in the Debug Logs and it does not output results.....

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'string' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in C:\wamp64\www\158\zc_plugins\InstantSearch\v3.0.1\classes\InstantSearch.php on line 31

[14-Jan-2023 06:32:35 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /158/ajax.php?act=ajaxInstantSearchDropdown&method=instantSearch, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'string' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in C:\wamp64\www\158\zc_plugins\InstantSearch\v3.0.1\classes\InstantSearch.php on line 31.

Any ideas on what this is referring to???

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NWCE View Post
    This is a great plugin marcopm and thanks for your work on it.

I have downloaded the newest version from Github and installed it into v.1.5.8 and when running it I get this error in the Debug Logs and it does not output results.....

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'string' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in C:\wamp64\www\158\zc_plugins\InstantSearch\v3.0.1\classes\InstantSearch.php on line 31

[14-Jan-2023 06:32:35 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /158/ajax.php?act=ajaxInstantSearchDropdown&method=instantSearch, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'string' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in C:\wamp64\www\158\zc_plugins\InstantSearch\v3.0.1\classes\InstantSearch.php on line 31.

Any ideas on what this is referring to???

Thanks for your help,

Jeff
    What PHP version are you using?
    The plugin requires at least PHP 7.4

Plugin Contributions

Perfect suggestion....I upped the PHP to 7.4.9 (was 7.3.21) and it now works perfectly and throws no errors!

Thanks for your help....and again for updating this very useful plugin.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

@NWCE
    Please note that PHP 7.4 is End Of Life (EOL) and not supported. You should consider going to 8.0 as a minimum if you are running 1.5.8.

Plugin Contributions

Version 4.0.0 Beta of the plugin is available on the GitHub repo (https://github.com/marco-pm/zencart_...earch/releases):

• Refactor of the search class to allow the use of different search engines (with automatic fallback to MySQL if the search engine is unavailable)
    • Support for using Typesense as a search engine (with the Typesense add-on)
    • Improved display of categories and brands in the dropdown
    • Search in the product category and brand
    • Complete rewrite of the JavaScript code of dropdown and results page with React and TypeScript
    • Improved dropdown accessibility and keyboard navigation
    • Various bug fixes and improvements

Apologies for yet another major version change after last month's v3 release, I know keeping up with the constant changes is quite frustrating.
    I had to make some major code changes to accommodate the Typesense add-on (which allows you to use Typesense as engine for Instant Search instead of MySQL).

There are other major changes as well, especially regarding the results dropdown, hence the "Beta" tag. It would be extremely helpful if any of you could try installing the release and let me know about any bugs

If everything seems to work fine, I'll remove the "beta" tag and submit it to the plugin sections here as usual.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marcopm View Post
    Version 4.0.0 Beta of the plugin is available on the GitHub repo (https://github.com/marco-pm/zencart_...earch/releases):
    ... If everything seems to work fine, I'll remove the "beta" tag and submit it to the plugin sections here as usual.
    Works on zc158 php7.4 to php8.2
    I installed v3.0.1 first , ran it then dumped v 4.0.0 over it. V4.0.0 installed correctly. Ran well. It is fast.
    It stopped my search box in side_boxes
    Uninstalled it
    PHP 8.2 Fatal Error: Undefined constant "FILENAME_INSTANT_SEARCH_RESULT" in \includes\classes\observers\auto.instant_search_observer.php:37

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OldNGrey View Post
    Works on zc158 php7.4 to php8.2
    I installed v3.0.1 first , ran it then dumped v 4.0.0 over it. V4.0.0 installed correctly. Ran well. It is fast.
    It stopped my search box in side_boxes
    Uninstalled it
    PHP 8.2 Fatal Error: Undefined constant "FILENAME_INSTANT_SEARCH_RESULT" in \includes\classes\observers\auto.instant_search_observer.php:37
    I'm not able to reproduce the issue.
    What template are you using?
    Can you check that the file zc_plugins/InstantSearch/v4.0.0/catalog/includes/extra_datafiles/instant_search_filenames.php is present (it should be, but I can't think of anything else)?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marcopm View Post
    I'm not able to reproduce the issue.
    What template are you using?
    Can you check that the file zc_plugins/InstantSearch/v4.0.0/catalog/includes/extra_datafiles/instant_search_filenames.php is present (it should be, but I can't think of anything else)?
    My apologies. The error occurred after disabling the Instant Search, because I switched templates and the template files were in my bootstrap clone folders but not in the source bootstrap folders.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast