Plugin Contributions

Default Why is there a dual email login on my site??

When a person needs to login to the website, the login page list that you have to enter your email twice. I would like to fix this so you only need to enter your email once. This request is for login only. I know that to register you need to enter the email twice.

My website is www.billrauscher.com. It is V1.3.9. I have sohpyblue template with a mods CKEditor, mod to minimize the number of pages for checkout, and I added the about us page mod.

I figure it is something I must have done to cause it but, I have no idea what I did.

Your advice as how to correct this would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Bill

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why is there a dual email login??

There's another thread around here about that same issue with the Sophy Blue template. I tested that template at my sandbox in 1.39h and could not duplicate the problem. I would be looking at the checkout mod you installed as the culprit.

Plugin Contributions

How do you un-inststall a mod?

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE: I read the instructions to the Fast and Easy Checkout mod, This is cut and pasted from the instructions --->To deactivate the script without running the uninstall.sql and deleting all of the files, simply rename or delete the file includes/extra_configures/checkout.php.

I did that and also deactivated the mod in admin --> configuration. Neither fixed the problem. I don't know if I have to fully remove it or that this is not the problem. Either case, I noticed that logging in my test user, I only need to enter the email once to get logged in. weird!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    How do you un-inststall a mod?
    Remove any new files it installed and replace any existing files it changed with original Zen Cart files. In addition, if it involved a database install patch, the mod would also have come with a database uninstall patch.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    UPDATE: I read the instructions to the Fast and Easy Checkout mod, This is cut and pasted from the instructions --->To deactivate the script without running the uninstall.sql and deleting all of the files, simply rename or delete the file includes/extra_configures/checkout.php.

I did that and also deactivated the mod in admin --> configuration. Neither fixed the problem. I don't know if I have to fully remove it or that this is not the problem. Either case, I noticed that logging in my test user, I only need to enter the email once to get logged in. weird!!!
    If you no longer need to enter the eMail address twice, then it sounds like it did fix the problem.

Plugin Contributions

No Resco...you misunderstood. If you look at the log-in page, it shows two places to enter the email address but the log-in works if you only put in one email and leave the other blank.

UPDATE: I removed and re-installed the fast and easy mod. and now I no longer have two entries for emails on the log-in page.

Seems when I installed it originally, I goofed something up.
    Thank you for your help