Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EStore Now layout questions

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrick View Post
    Nothing appears in Tools/EZ-Pages

The search, however does show up on the page with the default template.

I guess I need to unistall ZenCart and install an older version since there is an issue with the current version.
    There is no issue with the current version. After you switch to the estore now template did you reset the layout boxes?

Plugin Contributions

I just thought of something else. Did you and/or your host use one of those one-click dealies in cPanel to install the cart? If so, those can sometimes screw up the install. Better to download the package and install it manually.

Plugin Contributions

Created with everything green and still nothing.

Plugin Contributions

I've tested many templates, including EstoreNow. I like it alot; has some nice features. I especially like how when a customer logs in in to view their order history, the admin update comments are justified next to the proper date: unlike most templates including the Classic Green.

There was a problem with additional photos, which I noticed in the test link given further up. I don't recall how I properly aligned the images.

Anyway, this template should install out of the box (unlike it's sister template, JingCart which I might like even more if I could get it installed.)

The EZpages in the top brown header bar will not show until you have created some ezpages, assigned them to the top AND given them a sort order. If they have a sort of 0 they will not show.

The Information in the footer are, as I recall, footer ezpages. You assign them there, also giving a sort order.

The missing categories/left column and top search box. Your photo reminds me of how a new template looks before going to the layout boxes controller to reset. You did do that?

If layout boxes reset is not the problem, then I'd try another install...but with a brand new data base. Start clean: zencart and database and this template. I don't see how it could not work, and you will probably like the template. I may use it on another domain, along with Modern Zen and JS Query Black 2 on further domains.

sph
    www.prommart.com
    Last edited by SPH; 6 Dec 2011 at 04:28 AM.

Plugin Contributions

PS: EstoreNow had some validation errors, but I don't recall the number of errors in the sample link further up. I like the template enough to live with the errors I had, should I use this template on another domain.

sph
    www.prommart.com
    www.fashion-mart.biz

Plugin Contributions

Did you reset the Layout Boxes Controller after selecting the template?

I just installed a new template on a test domain last night and, again, no top search and no categories/columns until this was reset. Looked like your photo.

sph
    www.prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

i also like this template, but can anyone tell me how to make this full width. which files to edit, sections to change.

did the usual 'mainwrapper' to 100% but no difference, so width must be controlle dfrom some other section>

any help appreciated

mark

Plugin Contributions

I just installed Estorenow template on my 1.5 demo site:

http://www.prom-mart.com/zencart-demo-2/

Am revisiting it, will play with it a bit.

Had to do some work to get all 6 horizontal banners to work, but they are now. Had to bring some banner code over from template_default files.

alibaba99, I haven't looked at the full width issue, and probably will not. I just do not see how this template will look good full width, especially with only two columns.

There are a few templates that are not as easy to make full width, you have to change the width in more than one place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123