Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Weird garbage characters showing up after sending email

Quote Originally Posted by skipwater View Post
    You missed the math:
    // There is a 600 second time limit set for email in
    // admin/newsletters.php line 359 might have to increase
    // if more then 1500 newsletters

5000 / 1500 = 3.3 so you need 3x more time +

You will need to up the time limit in the file admin/newsletters.php about line 359 to 4 x 600 = 2400

Skip
    I know man, another dumb question but sometimes my hand needs to be held so I apologize in advance, haha.

I did another newsletter and looks like each graphical check mark is an email. I actually, yes, actually counted them and looks like I got halfway through before the email gave up and stopped.

So do you think x 6 instead of x 3 would be sufficient or is there some other else configuration I should look into changing. FYI, these are really nothing more than txt newsletters with HTML links to twitter and fb. TIA.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willie bee View Post
    I know man, another dumb question but sometimes my hand needs to be held so I apologize in advance, haha.

I did another newsletter and looks like each graphical check mark is an email. I actually, yes, actually counted them and looks like I got halfway through before the email gave up and stopped.

So do you think x 6 instead of x 3 would be sufficient or is there some other else configuration I should look into changing. FYI, these are really nothing more than txt newsletters with HTML links to twitter and fb. TIA.
    Yes double it and see if they all go.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    By default Zen Cart doesn't implement ANY sort order for newsletter subscribers, so thus it relies completely on the order determined most appropriate by the MySQL database.

If you want to change the order, you'll need to change the SQL statements in the various queries in the query_builder table of your database. You'll need to use your own database tools to do that, such as phpMyAdmin. BE CAREFUL when touching raw database content. MAKE BACKUPS first.
    Naturally, I recommend that if you've not used such tools before that you should NOT start using them now merely for this. USE AT OWN RISK.
    Thanks. I use WinSCP and Putty and phpMyadmin for various stuff to backup datafiles. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12