Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Rate and API changes May 2011

Just got the warning from the USPS about the new rates and API changes.

Will this require an updated USPS shipping module?

Here's the summary of changes:

Web Tools APIs will be affected in the following manner:
    § All Web Tools APIs with postage prices incorporated will be updated to reflect the price changes
    § All Rate Calculator API integrators are encouraged to migrate to the latest API versions (RateV4, IntlRateV2):
    o RateV4 and IntlRateV2 will be the only Rate Calculator API versions to offer the full range of new products and functionality
    o Rate, RateV2, RateV3 and IntlRate will be retired in May 2011, requiring all integrators to migrate to the latest versions
    § Domestic Rate Calculator API Changes
    o New <Container> request enumerations will be added to RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice
    o New response nodes in Rate, RateV2, RateV3 and RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice
    o New optional request values in RateV4 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
    o New optional response nodes in RateV4 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
    § International Rate Calculator API
    o New response nodes in IntlRate and IntlRateV2 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice
    o New optional request values in IntlRateV2 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
    o New optional response nodes in IntlRateV2 to support USPS extra services offerings and prices
    o New <AdditionalRestrictions> response value in IntlRate and IntlRateV2
    § Express Mail Label and Hold For Pickup Express API
    o New <Revision> and <Container> request data tags to support the Legal Flat Rate Box
    o New <Size>, <Length>, <Width>, <Height> and <Girth> request data tags
    § Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation
    o New <Revision> and <Container> request data tags to support the USPS product offering and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice
    § International Label APIs
    o New <Container> request enumerations will be added to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice
    o New <Revision>, <Size>, <Length>, <Width>, <Height> and <Girth> request data tags
    o New <AdditionalRestrictions> response value
    § Customs Forms CN22 and CP72
    o New <AdditionalRestrictions> response value

Many thanks,

Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upcoming Rate and API changes

Looking for this answer too!

Plugin Contributions

Ditto! - Ive emailed them as per their notice:
    Quote Originally Posted by USPS
    Please note that the changes below are intended to be backwards compatible, however, may not be depending on how individual programs are integrated with the APIs. Technical guides, inclusive of the changes below, can be obtained from the USPS Internet Customer Care Center (1-800-344-7779 or icustomercare at usps dot com).
    but haven't heard back yet- It would appear, however, that the USPS shipping module will indeed require changes, as, looking at the code, it appears to reference RateV3, as far as I can determine, which will be retired in May 2011, meaning that it's gonna break unless the software gets updated to use RateV4 - all I am wanting to know here is if this is definitely gonna be updated, or if I will have to plan on spending a couple weeks studying the code and the new API changes (if I can GET the guides, that is), and testing on the test server, to update the code myself.. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by USPS
    Rate, RateV2, RateV3 and IntlRate will be retired in May 2011, requiring all integrators to migrate to the latest versions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

We will prepare an updated version of the module prior to the May 2011 deadline.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upcoming USPS Rate and API changes May 2011

Will there be a patch available for 1.3.8? I have not had the chance to upgrade yet (made way too many mods).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upcoming USPS Rate and API changes May 2011

Usually the updates have been backwards compatible ...

Example, the January 2, 2011 C version that is the current USPS shipping module on post #26 can work in many old versions of Zen Cart ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...S+January+2011
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Rate and API changes May 2011

I'm a little confused still. USPS said that we need to migrate to RateV4 by August 2011. Will the patch (January 2, 2011 C Post #26) version migrate zencart's USPS interface to RateV4, RateV3, or something else?

By the way, I'm only interested in shipping domestic.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Plugin Contributions

When there is the need for the RateV4 we will have a release ...

At this time, use the current USPS January 2, 2011 C updated shipping module. It uses RateV3.
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    When there is the need for the RateV4 we will have a release ...
    Seems a little , well.. "flippant" in tone.. but thats just opinion..

However, the fact is, the need *is* there now, as RateV4 is in current active production use - The May 2011 "deadline" means that at some point in the next 2 months, there are going to be an awful lot of web stores relying on the USPS module that all of a sudden no longer work. As a business owner, it is important to me to ensure that the website is going to work well *BEFORE* the RateV3 is retired.

So, I am asking for an update - when may we expect the new RateV4 shipping module to be ready? and will it help any if financial incentive is offered? and if so, just how much will it take to make sure that RateV4 is production ready well in advance of May, 2011 (Ideally it will be ready in mid march to April) -

and if I cannot get a straight answer here, then I will have to go and hire a freelance programmer, because this is important to my business and livelihood - I have no problem paying for it, if it gets done, and gets done right...

I'd sooner spend the money to this project and its developers, than spend it to a freelancer elsewhere.. but .. preferences don't mean a whole lot, when a large chunk of my business income is on the line,, if I got to spend money, its gonna go where the results come from.

So.. any updates as to when the new USPS module will be ready to fly?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I do not have a date for you ... when it is ready the USPS module for RateV4 will be posted ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast