Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Question

In a shipping module's settings, if you select --None-- from the Shipping Zone pulldown, then the module will not apply any address-restrictions.
    If you wish to do any restricting, you must define a zone so that it appears in that list, and then select it.
    Zones are defined in Admin->Locations/Taxes->Zone Definitions.

If you wish to define a zone which applies to all 48 states, you create the zone (perhaps call it "Continental US"), and then click on the Details button and then add all applicable country+state combinations. ie: select United States for the country, and then one of the states. Then click Add, and repeat again and again for all the states you wish to include in that zone.

Then when you edit the shipping module you'll be able to select the "continental U.S." module from the Shipping Zone pulldown, so that that module will be available only to addresses whose country/state combination fall inside the list of defined country/state combinations you put into that zone.

That's all entirely separate from your "Ohio" zone definition used solely for taxes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok Dr.B, I am on to something now. It is good enough for me tonight. At least they can browse now. I will be setting up the states tomorrow.
    tks
    david
    Last edited by david52; 10 Dec 2011 at 02:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Tks Dr. B. I got most of it under control. As for shipping regions I think I will just leave it be and if i did get any sales out of the states I will just refund the payment. But i still need to figure out why the cart is not posting the ohio sales tax for ohio residents but at least I am getting it under control.
    tks again for ur patience and help
    david52

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are tutorial articles on configuring taxes, as well as numerous existing forum threads.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

But i still need to figure out why the cart is not posting the ohio sales tax for ohio residents
    Did you remember, in addition to setting up the tax zone in zone definitions, to also setup the tax class and the tax rate?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12