Plugin Contributions

Default local sales tax mod not working

I installed Zen Cart v. 1.3.9h, my host is ipage.com. I am having a lot of trouble installing the local sales tax mod. I read the FAQ's and searched the forums and for some reason this doesn't seem like a problem that hardly anyone is having. Basically it has some folders to upload, so I did that using filezilla, and it has an sql patch which I installed. It wouldn't let me upload the sql patch, but I was able to copy and paste the text and I put a semicolon at the end of all the text and Zen Cart took it. In the Zen Cart admin page I go to "modules -> order total" and a module called "local sales taxes" shows up, and I installed it. The problem is, when I go to "locations/taxes" there's supposed to be a category called "local sales taxes" for me to edit, but there's no "local sales taxes." I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalling the sql patch, which it won't let me do, says it's already installed and won't let me overwrite it. I tried installing different versions of the local sales tax mod, (versions 2.5, 2.4, 2.2 and 2.0a), and completely removing the zen cart folder and reinstalling zen cart. Nothing I try will give me that "local sales taxes" category. I've spent so much time on it and it's extremely frustrating. I configured everything else about Zen Cart the way I want it, but not being able to get this mod installed might force me to abandon all the work I put in to working with Zen Cart because I need to be able to configure it for local sales tax, not just statewide sales tax, because they are different within my state, (Hawaii). Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: local sales tax mod not working

Here's the fix.

When you installed Zen-Cart the wizard had you change the admin folders file name. Right?

You need to change the name of the admin folder in your Local Sales Tax upload to match that. Then it will work.

Took me twenty minutes to figure that one out. :)
    Last edited by cstearns; 8 Dec 2011 at 11:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: local sales tax mod not working

I eventually figured it out by manually downloading and installing a 2nd copy of zen cart and I got the mod to work in that copy. The problem was, when I installed zen cart originally, it was automatic through ipage.com, (my host) so I didn't have much control over how folders where getting renamed. It never prompted me to rename the "admin" folder so it left a folder named "admin" and also created a new folder with a different name which was the real admin folder. So I was installing the mod to the "admin" folder because that makes sense, but I eventually figured out that I should be installing the mod to the renamed folder. I wasted so much time on that. Thanks for your help!