Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

Default I'm almost ready to go live and need help with a problem...

Well, guys, I'm coming to the point, FINALLY, that I can go live. But one thing I've learned on this journey, is that you are never finished building a cart. I can just see you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, you're smiling right now, because you all know what so many of us don't quite yet realize, that this is going to always be a work in progress.

Okay, I've rambled enough, here's my issue. I only have a problem on one of my product pages, for a man's work shirt. Underneath my Add to Cart button, I'm showing three items, from three different categories, that shouldn't be there, on every other page I have nothing below the Add to Cart Button, and I can't figure out what I did to make them appear and what I need to do to make them disappear. I worked with my web developer app in Firefox to try and figure it out, but couldn't do it.

Here's my page with the problem - http://bigredworkwear.com/shirts/wor...ork-shirt-sc10

Would someone mind looking at it and telling me what I've done wrong. I went thru my Admin panel, trying to see if I needed to turn something off, but I'm drawing a blank.

-----------------------------

And one more question, this is about my robots.txt file. All I have in there are the defaults

User-agent: *
    Disallow:

Is it okay to leave it like this and not disallow anything?

I appreciate all the help you have given me. I would never have gotten to this point without the help of this board. You guys are the "unsung heroes," you get no credit, but you are the ones that make it possible for so many of us to build a working site. Thanks again for helping bail me out, you're appreciated more than you realize!
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm almost ready to go live and need help with a problem...

Interesting. If you click any of the three items and go to the product page for that item, it also produces three items at the bottom. Click one of those, the product page has three items at the bottom - and so forth. However, if you start with any of the other items in the work shirt category it doesn't produce this behavior. Do you have a cross-sell mod of some sort installed?

As for your robots.txt file: I set mine up so that Google doesn't index the irrelevant pages of my site. Like this:

User-agent: Googlebot
    Disallow: /*&action=notify$
    Disallow: /*&number_of_uploads=0&action=notify
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=discount_coupon
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=shippinginfo
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=privacy
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=conditions
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=contact_us
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=advanced_search
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=login
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=unsubscribe
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=shopping_cart
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=product_reviews_write&cPath=*
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=tell_a_friend&products_id=*
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=product_reviews_write&products_id=*
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=popup_shipping_estimator
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=account
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=password_forgotten
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping_address
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=logoff
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=gv_faq
    Disallow: /gv_faq.html?faq_item=*
    Disallow: /*&sort=*
    Disallow: /*alpha_filter_id=*
    Disallow: /*&disp_order=*

You should also have your sitemap referenced at the top of the file:

Sitemap: http://www.bigredworkwear.com/sitemapindex.xml

Plugin Contributions

Okay, it appears that you do, indeed, have a cross-selling mod installed. Coding on the page:

<div class="centerBoxWrapper" id="alsoPurchased">
    <h2 class="centerBoxHeading">Customers who bought this product also purchased...</h2> <div class="centerBoxWrapperContents">
    <table width="100%" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">

I haven't used one of these mods, but I assume there are settings in the admin config or product setup page for turning it on and off.

Plugin Contributions

ok, i admit, i'm having a bit of a panic attack here. i'm backed up, but scared of messing things up with my cart at this late date.

i'm not sure where in the admin panel i'm supposed to be looking. i went thru a lot of it, couldn't find anything to turn off.

could you help me a bit more and be more specific as to where i'm supposed to look and more definitive on what i'm turning off.

are you thinking that i won't have to remove coding, that it can be done by turning off files?

i feel pretty stupid here, asking you these things that i SHOULD know by now, but it won't be the first time i've asked stupid questions. thanks for trying to help me, resco, i appreciate it...
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Looking at the code, it appears that you have the Ultimate Cross Sell module installed. Do you have Admin/Catalog/Ultimate Cross Sell?

Plugin Contributions

I'm drawing a complete blank on this one. I don't remember installing ultimate cross sell module at all. I tried finding it in my tool kit, with no luck.

I'm going to start fresh in the morning. Maybe I can try deleting the problem files and their folders - SC10, KK16, SP65 and SK82, and then put them back on the server to try and correct the problem.

I'm not showing an ultimate cross sell module at all in my catalog area of admin.

I checked every one of my drop down menu's, and there is no ultimate cross sell module listed.
    Last edited by strugglingnovice; 11 Dec 2011 at 04:47 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I think it is one of the cross selling mods that you have, and it doesn't hurt your site. Would it be a problem to leave it running as cross selling does work.
    My store is at www.potsofceramics.com

Plugin Contributions

Struggling. read this post

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189748

about creating a dev site and work off that instead of your production site first. That will releive a lot off stress off you from wanting to touch files.
    Last edited by willie bee; 11 Dec 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

According to Web Developer, those images are in the div #alsoPurchased. I think you can turn them off (if you really want to) in Admin - Configuration - Maximum Values.

Plugin Contributions

STEVESH!!!!!!! YOU FIXED IT!!!!!!!

Oh, thank you, it took the images away.

I'm still left with the Shipping Weight 1# at the bottom of that page.

http://bigredworkwear.com/shirts/wor...ork-shirt-sc10

If you wouldn't mind telling me how to get rid of that shipping weight, I won't bother you again...

Okay, so that's a stretch, I'm sure I will, but at least not for awhile.
    You've been so much help to me every step of the way, I wish we lived closer, I would take you to dinner!!!!!

Thanks again, your knowledge amazes me!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast