Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Login Not Working!

Ok I recently got hosting at www.ipage.com and setup my database and followed all the installation instructions. I am having a problem however with my admin login. I can't login, resend password sends me a new password that still doesn't work!@ The main page looks fine as it is the normal demo page. I am going insane trying to figure this little problem out. I have tried all the FAQ information and have been searching for a while for a solution~

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login Not Working!

I had the same problem what solved my problem was I uninstalled www..............co.uk/admin in total desperation then redownloaded the admin site

Then I went to cPanel and changed the Passwords.
    I know it was a round about way but i got there in the end.
    But go careful I was lucky it worked for me but it might NOT work for you
    Best of luck

norman

Plugin Contributions

This seems to be a big PROBLEM I am not a newbie when it comes to this stuff and this has me stumped. I am reinstalling a new database and starting over. Has anyone used Ipage hosting for zencart. I made sure to find a host that was also compatible with this script it has all that is needed. ?? It as if the whole admin script is in shambles. Anyways im cleaning my domain out and doing fresh install lets see?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like your PHP session functionality isn't working properly.

I can't recall hearing anything positive about ipage.
    But I do know that tens of thousands of people are using Zen Cart without any of the problems you're reporting.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=281

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem. We've used Zencart for years without this issue and now today it decided to stop working. We go to login, it just refreshes the page, have sent new passwords, still the same issue.
    I am also banging my head against a wall.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you hosted with iPage too?

Any time something "suddenly stops working" it indicates that something has been changed by somebody. If that somebody wasn't *you* (via an addon, an admin setting change, using FTP), then the alternatives are: your hosting company changed something, or maybe some malicious visitor has intruded in your site's files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Are you hosted with iPage too?

Any time something "suddenly stops working" it indicates that something has been changed by somebody. If that somebody wasn't *you* (via an addon, an admin setting change, using FTP), then the alternatives are: your hosting company changed something, or maybe some malicious visitor has intruded in your site's files.

My admin login isnt working either I thought I had just used the wrong password but I do have an encrypted copy which I checked and I am using the correct login details but to no avail

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gologica View Post
    My admin login isnt working either I thought I had just used the wrong password but I do have an encrypted copy which I checked and I am using the correct login details but to no avail

Rich
    I meant to say I use Hostgator and have done for 2 years without any problem. Something is obviously up

Plugin Contributions

I meant to say I use Hostgator and have done for 2 years without any problem. Something is obviously up
    ... and you are using what version of Zen Cart?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    ... and you are using what version of Zen Cart?
    I am using 1.3.8 it has worked fine

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast