Plugin Contributions

Default Required fields issue

Hi all, I am having as issue with required fields using attributes. All of my attributes are required but when I do a test order and purposely skip some options it still allows the purchase to go through. Is there a way to make it that if options are skipped the system will alert the customer of the skipped options?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Required fields issue

If you are using Radiobuttons or Dropdowns, you should set an extra Option Value such as:
    Pick your choice

Then add the Attribute
    Default: YES
    Display Only: YES
    Sort Order: 0

If you are using TEXT, you need to mark the Attribute:
    Attribute Required
    for Text: YES

If you are using Checkboxes, there is not a setting to force a selection ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks you!

Can you tell me how to edit zencart emails like subscribe, unsubscribe, welcome, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    If you are using TEXT, you need to mark the Attribute:
    Attribute Required
    for Text: YES
    I did this as you said but for me it will accept the text attribute without entering any text into the box. How can I force them to enter text into the text box?

You can see an example here under the text attribute of: "Artwork Size (ex. 12W X 12H)" : http://www.framesforlife.com/copy-ex...example-1-p-11If you click add to cart without entering text, it will accept as long as you enter the other forced attributes for the other drop downs.

Plugin Contributions

I wish users would post back the fix.

Anyway I have the same problem. I have set my text Attributes to, Attribute Required for Text: = Yes

And still requiered is no working? thats strange

Plugin Contributions

I found the fix. go to Thread http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...+Required+Text at POST #7

Did The Trick Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks webstar59. I hadn't found the answer until you responded with the solution in this post. Since there were several side posts which just confused me, I decide to post what worked perfectly for me:

I have v. 1.3.9h and lots of add ons. I made a database backup, then went to: Tools> Install SQL patches and pasted this code and clicked: "send".
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Image Handler Version', 'IH_VERSION', '2.0', 'This is used by image handler to check if the database is up to date with uploaded image handler files.', 0, 100, NULL, '2007-06-06 16:47:03', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');
    No errors and now text is required for a text box. (Assuming you have the red "required" box checked in the attribute area).

I appreciate your effort.