Default Admin Suddenly Unavailable

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm running 1.3.9h version of Zencart. I have an extremely busy store and a couple of days ago the site stopped working during a SecurityMetrics PCI Scan. The CPU on the server was running at 100% and my hosts created a new application pool for my Zencart site to use. This solved the problem. Yesterday we were suddenly unable to log into our admin area, but the store is working absolutley fine. I have spent the whole trying to get to the bottom of this problem.

- Every table in the database has been checked and there are no errors
    - According to my hosts, all file permissions remain unchanged
    - there have been no code changes whatsoever
    - the hosts have moved the site back to a shared application pool and restarted web services - essentially putting it all back to how it was before this incident - no change, still can't log on
    - I've checked my Debug reports in Cache directory and the ones pertaining to Admin report: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_languages() in D:\websites\liberro.co.uk\wwwroot\anorak\index.php on line 13
    - the host reports that by tracing the error step by step it stops at includes/autoload_func.php, which as far as I can tell produces the debug reports as part of its function
    - the database has a table for languages and as we're an english only site, there's just one row, all items seem present and I can't see why it's undefined

Does anyone have any idea please why this is happening and can anyone suggest something I haven't tried yet please? I have customers orders building up before christmas, and would like to be able to tell them they have shipped!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Suddenly Unavailable

"call to undefined function" means PHP isn't aware of any function by that name ... and that's usually the result of PHP not having already loaded the file which contains that function.

So, in short, it tells me that one or more files is missing from your server, or have been damaged or replaced by addons or something.

This is the quickest way to find out what might be wrong with your files:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hi DrByte

Thanks for the speedy advice, really appreciated. Not sure how the code could have changed - one minute it's all fine, then it's not! The site's not been moved from one server to another, but the application pool was changed. Either way, there's clearly something wrong, so thanks for your guidance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart runs from PHP files and database data.
    If your host is mucking with things outside that, such as the webserver engine services (apache etc), and/or PHP, and/or the MySQL engine and its configuration ... etc ... then that would of course cause all manner of unexpected and unexplained problems. And all of those are things we can't fix for you, since your host is the expert in those matters.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Very true and that's always part of the problem with virtual hosting - a change is made on the server and suddenly something else is affected.

Mind you, some times it's hard to get a straight answer from a host and you wonder why your code's suddenly stopped working when you have neither changed it or re-uploaded it. Thanks again for your help Dr Byte, much appreciated advice.