Plugin Contributions

Default Hazaderous Material Shipping

Version: v1.3.9h

I saw a couple of various threads on this topic about HazMat shipping. I'm working on trying to "flag" any products as HazMat then forcing the shipping modules to only use ground. So far, I've tweaked two files in the Admin folder on the site and added a new field in the product table in the database. But I'm still drawing a blank page after I hit the "New Product" button in the admin. I must be missing another file that needs to be modified for the HazMat flag.

The files I've modified are:
    admin\includes\languages\english\product.php

admin\includes\modules\product\collect_info.php

I wasn't sure if I need to modify:
    admin\product.php

And I also assume I'll need to modify:
    admin\includes\modules\product\preview_info.php

But I wouldn't think that preview_info.php wouldn't be required for the "New Product" page to pull in the admin screen. Are there files that I still need to modify to get it working right? If anybody can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hazaderous Material Shipping

You need to customize all of the /admin/modules pieces for a Product Type to add a new field for adding/editing/copying/moving/deleting etc. depending on what you are trying to do ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Basically just duplicating the "Virtual Product" field in the New Product screen so that the admin hit's a radio button to denote a product as HazMat or not.

I'll keep plugging at it. Thank you for helping out.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ... let us know how this works out for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Thanks for the update ... let us know how this works out for you ...
    Oh yeah! I'm sure it'll be a total bust. But worth a try at least...

Plugin Contributions

I and many others, I assume, would find something like this very useful. But I am not a coder, barely getting by as it is. I can not help you with your questions yet, just making conversation.

My thinking is that somehow a new field link to DB could be attached to all items needing ground shipments in the Admin - Category / Products area.

And if just any "one product" in any shopping order has this "tagged item" added to a cart, then the any "Shipping choices" would be restricted for "Ground Shipment " shipping choices on the "whole order". Be it USPS (my needs) or perhaps other shipping modules. I would be happy just with a restricted USPS. Some things can not or should not be shipped by air. They can leak or whatever and do not necessarily need to be dangerous or Hazardous shipping products but both apply to this need.

But you can put all the bold print, terms, warnings, and today's customers will order it per the cheapest or fastest shipping choices and ignore all your website warnings. Our additional problem is we just will not ship by air certain products out of country but want to sell our other products. Sure could use this "flag" for that need.

But from many of Ajeh's prior historical posts, it appears that this is no easy task for a coder, let a lone a mere mortal as I.
    Please keep us posted on a direction if not a solution, I would help where ever I can.
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)