Plugin Contributions

Default [not a bug] Site Map Blank And No Footer

Hi, I installed Sitemap XML with no prob, but noticed that my user sitamp had gone blank with no footer http://www.jabylay.com/index.php?main_page=site_map

So i unistalled sitemapxml and still made no difference, i am getting this bug report [18-Dec-2011 11:31:16] PHP Warning: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/jabylay/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php on line 25
    [18-Dec-2011 11:31:16] PHP Warning: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/jabylay/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php on line 25
    [18-Dec-2011 11:31:16] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jabylay/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php on line 25

please help i wanna cry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site Map Blank And No Footer

Looks like you MAY have made some mistakes when you loaded / unloaded the module. Did you READ the README file that comes with that module?

But sitemap XML has NOTHING to do with your standard sitemap (which is for HUMANS, while the XML system is for SEARCH ENGINES).

Perhaps when you REMOVED sitemap.XML module, you took out files that should have stayed there.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Yea retraced all my steps, and cannot work out what i took that i shouldnt, i have re installed sitemapxml and again no prob but the human sitemap is still playing hard to get! any idea what missing file may cause that?

Plugin Contributions

phewwww! discovered i overrode the header.php in /www/includes/modules/pages/site_map with the header.php from sitemapxml folder

jeez that was 4 hours of my sunday i dont wanna see again!

Plugin Contributions

well it was avaluable learning curve, so in reality, it is not time wasted. glad you found and solved the problem.

In general, loading a module via FTP is quite straight-forward (if the module has been correctly structured).

All you need do, after reading the README file, is send the MODULES folders and files to the SERVER, making sure that the files of that module are sent to the correct location.

MOST ftp programs do not OVER-WRITE FOLDERS... and if you have set it tio prompt you for file over-writes, it will do so.

So sending a module should (in most cases) be as simple as highlighting the folders on your hard drive, then clicking the arrow to send them to the server.
    20 years a Zencart User