Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal payments pro versus simple paypal buttons

I have been using simple paypal buttons on my site. I am approved to use websites payments pro with monthly billing but it is not clear to we what the advantages are. Does the monthly billing work out cheaper. I was also told that I need a formal shopping cart to use payments pro-is that correct?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal payments pro versus simple paypal buttons

You should really be asking PayPal those questions, since they're related to the services that PayPal provides.
    Website Payments Pro lets you collect credit card payments directly on your site, without customers having to be sent to PayPal if they wish to pay by credit card. It also lets you collect credit card payments over the phone using their Virtual Terminal. You need to talk to PayPal about all the details of the services they offer, as well as the rates and cost effectiveness.

If your site doesn't already have a shopping-cart "store" on it that integrates with Website Payments Pro, then yes you'll need one if you wish to use Payments Pro on your website.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal payments pro versus simple paypal buttons

Zencart will give you the eCommerce platfom you require for PayPal WPP... but your existing site will become "redundant". You will have to re-build the site (not that difficult) entirely within the zencart framework, and load all your data (products, info pages, etc) into the database.
    20 years a Zencart User