Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Cart login in page ??

Hi, I have set a cart to require user log in. Is there a way or setting I can use that will not offer the user I place to input his information and request access. I just want a log in with no other options or anything else on the page. I'm not sure this can be done.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Answer it - stop moving it

Hi,
    I posted this question twice now the first time you moved it to another question which was answered with a similar title but TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Then you deleted the second one I re-posted.

I have set a cart to require user log in. Is there a way or setting I can use that will not offer the user a place to input his information and request account access. I just want a log in with no other options or anything else on the page. I'm not sure this can be done.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Answer it - stop moving it

Posting a question in multiple threads, especially when you hijack another Zenner's thread is, quite properly, frowned upon here.

You will need to edit tpl_login_default.php and tpl_modules_create_account.php.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Answer it - stop moving it

Hi Stevesh,
    I did not mean to keep re posting this question more than once. The first time I posted it I found it moved to a previous question I had posted that in fact YOU had answered for me. It was labeled "differint login ?" if you look at it you will see that this question was moved to the bottom of that question. Not sure why two different questions.
    I re-posted the question and it was removed.
    So I re-posted it again with the "Answer it - Stop move it" title because it was a different question I needed answered. I would never hack any one's question. If I did I have no idea how it happened.
    In regards to this statement.

You will need to edit tpl_login_default.php and tpl_modules_create_account.php.

Are their items I need to toggle on and off?

Sorry if I got someone wound up. Trying to do things correctly just when I saw it moved to the old question I know from experience that no one would go back to it and answer the portion that was moved.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cart login in page ??

Why would you want your website login only if you don't want any customer information?

That is just silly

They have to create an account which asks identifying questions to be able to get log in info or you could have multiple johns and marys with the same passwords.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play with it long enough and you will break it.

Plugin Contributions

HI,
    Well If you are using the cart to screen members to a private club or restricted content and you are going to use the admin to add the members their is no need for it and no place for lets say "people to play".
    Their may be only 1 account name and password for access. This just removes confusion for some people. You can do many things with the cart. Just have to use your imagination. Just a great product.

Plugin Contributions

The reason you are getting "strange" answers, is because we have no idea what you are trying to achieve.

True... you can use this software anyway you want to - it does not have to be for an eCommerce webshop...

... but unless we all KNOW what you are trying to achieve (and for what purpose), we cannot really offer any useful advice.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

OK if you are a private club you set up an account and then give them the master user name and password.

If this does not work then shut up and use some other software as zen cart is not intended for a private club where customers log in to PLAY
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play with it long enough and you will break it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Schoolboy,
    Thank for the reply. Sorry, I some times forget to say how I am using the cart. I WILL try to remember it next time I have a question. This will help those understand what I am trying to accomplish.
    I am modifying a cart to enter a members area that will have content that only they can see. This way page content will be easy to change by none technical staff. I really only wanted the log in on the cart to appear.
    I was hoping their was just a easy way to enable and dis-able this function. Looking at the code it does not look like a easy thing to change. If you want to point out what safely can be removed I will thank you in advance.
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Hi usernamenone,
    I think you should make sure you have your facts straight before you comment.

1st - No one is log in in to play anything. I just do not want anyone entering a bunch of crap in to the create an account and submitting it. Just more maintenance to do then to remove them. If it is not their it can not be done, Right.

2nd - I have a few dozen carts doing all kinds of thing including showing or selling products. All in your imagination on how to use it. I don't tell you how to use your software do I?

I come here where the experts who design this program can provide me with answers whether I can do what I'm attempting or not, or why it is not working the way it should. Not to have a fellow user tell me shut up and use another program.
    Been working on PCs since 86 and one thing I have found is their is always more than one way to do something on a PC.

Happy Holidays,
    Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast