Plugin Contributions

Default Can't re-install payment modules

I have just upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9b and now I can't reinstall the payment modules. The panel on the right hand side, (where the 'install' button usually is), is missing from the admin area. Hope someone can help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't re-install payment modules

Inside your /cache/ folder you'll find several "myDebug-adm-xxxxx.log" files, which explain the PHP errors your system is encountering that's preventing it from drawing the sidebar.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying, Dr Byte. Unfortunately I couldn't find the files you mention in the Cache folder. All I could find were a .htaccess and a index.php file. Is there somewhere else that I could find them?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you are running into real PHP errors, then your cache folder should contain the debug log files I mentioned, but only if you properly uploaded all the new files to the server and the cache folder is writable.

The only reason the right sidebar doesn't show in the admin modules page is if it's having trouble loading the module files and/or their corresponding language files ... or if you've got those files damaged or mismatched or mixed up.

Make sure all your files in /includes/modules/payment and /includes/languages/your_language/modules/payment all have matching counterparts and are all readable. No "backup copies" of files are allowed in those folders.

If it's still not working after that, list here all the filenames you have in each of those folders.

Meanwhile, double-check that you actually did your upgrade properly and that all the new 139 files actually exist on your server and that all your addons and/or customizations are properly merged into the new files.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr Byte,

I was looking in the wrong Cache folder, (not the installed one). It has loads of entries like this:

[05-May-2010 22:42:43] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 233472 bytes) in /var/www/html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 2715

I have run another installation and everything seems to have uploaded succesfully, the folders are readable.

Does the PHP fatal error help resolve the problem or do I need to investigate further.

Thanks for your support.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ya, it's telling you that your hosting account has only given you 8 MB of RAM for use with PHP.
    That's what PHP comes installed with. Most hosts up that to 64M as part of their normal configuration steps, because 8M is way too low for most things to run nowadays.

Plugin Contributions

OK. I have contacted my host to see if they can increase PHP memory. Hopefully that will resolve the situation. It's funny how it only started happening after upgrade.
    Thanks again for your prompt support. I can normally figure stuff out myself, (by browsing the forum), but this one beat me.

Plugin Contributions

Problem resolved. Host increased PHP memory from 8mb to 32mb, (as much as they could). Thanks again to Dr. Byte and the Zen Cart team. Great product great support. Must be time for a donation

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Can't re-install payment modules

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Ya, it's telling you that your hosting account has only given you 8 MB of RAM for use with PHP.
    That's what PHP comes installed with. Most hosts up that to 64M as part of their normal configuration steps, because 8M is way too low for most things to run nowadays.
    DrByte

You always give helpful, non-snarky replies.

Thank you!
    K
    I donate to the Zen Team do you?
    My current project: BestSewingDeals.com;

Plugin Contributions

I found this thread after many hours of searching for a solution when I noticed in my admin that my paypal payment modules were missing and none of the payment modules offered any install/edit/delete menu to the right.

Although the solution above didn't work for me, I wanted to post my solution in case others have a problem with it.

While debugging the only thing that came up in the cache folder was something about googlecheckout shipping options. Since I had long ago uninstalled google checkout, I didn't put much thought into it.

As last resort, I realized that there was a .php file remnant from the google checkout options. Deleted that file and all payment modules worked again.

Hope this helps some.