Plugin Contributions

Default SMTP error, store not sending emails through my Yahoo hosting account...

Hey guys. I've spent the last 2 days searching and digging around to no avail. I have found others with the same issue, but nothing seems to work.

I'm using v1.3.9h, no add-ons

Zen Cart does not seem to want to communicate with the Yahoo SMTP servers. I have everything set correctly, and I've gone through the wiki article probably 10 times, and I get an error every time. I'm using the same smtp settings I've used in the past with other programs..and it's not the free Yahoo mail I've got 4 sites hosted with them, and have never had an issue with their mail servers. I have tried ports 465, 587, 25 and 26 with the same end results.
    The rest of the site functions perfectly, minus this...

Current E-mail options are:

Transport: smtpauth

SMTP Email Account Mailbox : [email protected]
    SMTP Email Account Password : *********
    SMTP Email Mail Host : smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port : 465

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SMTP error, store not sending emails through my Yahoo hosting account...

When did this problem first start?

What exactly is the error message?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SMTP error, store not sending emails through my Yahoo hosting account...

The error message is:

SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

I've actually left the site alone for a while, I havent had it fully up and functional till now (it's not my main source of income, so I could afford to let it slide for a while)

I was going through and debugging, and had created an account when I noticed I wasnt getting welcome or confirmation emails

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What does yahoo's support site say should be used for SMTP email connections? Have you a link to it?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

These are the required mail settings for Yahoo..

Your POP/SMTP Settings

Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
    Use SSL, port: 995
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
    Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication
    Account name/user name: [email protected]
    Email address: [email protected]
    Password: Your Business Email password

Link to one of their randmom, useless articles..

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sma...eneral-32.html

The above settings are what I have used in the past with no issues. Not sure what the deal is. I did however just get an email response from Yahoo. They say they don't support Zen Cart, and that I need to upgrade to their Merchant Solutions program....even though that wasnt the question..lol.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Exactly ... and why do you host with them anyway?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_i_customs View Post
    The error message is:

SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.
    That means that when Zen Cart attempted to make a connection to the SMTP SERVER you specified using the SMTP PORT you supplied, it couldn't get a response.
    That means either the server address or port you gave is invalid or the inverse, ie: it's invalid because the server is no longer listening on that port or at all.
    Or perhaps something between your store and the mailserver is blocking that port and thus preventing communication for email.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Exactly ... and why do you host with them anyway?
    I wont be for much longer ;)

I've got 3 sites hosted with them for now. When I first got into my rudimentary web design side quest, I hosted my first site with them and stuck with them out of convenience more than anything....

I'm quite certain that the issue is on Yahoo's end, not mine...so I'll just have to change that :)