Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Modify buttons for spanish

Hello.
    I'm using a template by picaflor azul.
    there are buttons provided for the english installation.
    however, i already installed a second language (spanish)
    and i'm trying to get all the right buttons to be displayed (spanish buttons when spanish is selected)

the product details button for the new products doesn't seem to display the button created under the template/button/spanish folder. instead, it looks like the button source is located at template/images

same happens with the search button in the header.

do i have to edit the newproducts.php file to modify the location of the file?

here's a link. note how the site is in spanish but those two buttons aren't

http://qhatu.museodetextiles.org/sho...ex&language=es

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Modify buttons for spanish

Those buttons were custom coded and not coded for the fact that you would want to use an alternate language

The header button you will need to make one for you button language folder named button_search_header.gif

The other product button was coded for you template and placed in you templates image folder named details.gif you will need to make a custom replacement for your language
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play with it long enough and you will break it.

Plugin Contributions

Use Media Kitchen's ONLINE BUTTON GENERATOR. This will create buttons in almost any language.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I have the buttons in spanish already created. that's not the problem
    the problem is that the spanish file, the php file, is looking for the image at the wrong location.

Plugin Contributions

Then all you need to do is put the images in the location the links call for....... your template images>details.gif and includes/templates/apparel_boutique/buttons/your language/button_search_header.gif

Plugin Contributions

the actual image "details.gif" is the right image for english pages, if i replace that button with a spanish button, the spanish button will also appear in the english pages.

as for the search product, the image exists in the folder you mentioned, however, this template seems to use a different file to place the search button in the header.

the problem basically is that there's always php files for spanish and english that use images located in the respective folders. however, with this template, there are some files that are unique (no two different files for each language), hence they use specific images. so how can i proceed in order to have the two pages, english and spanish with different images.

do i need to create a second file for the second language for this unique files?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tinvicemp06 View Post
    the actual image "details.gif" is the right image for english pages, if i replace that button with a spanish button, the spanish button will also appear in the english pages.

Then I would put that code that is in my english folder in my spanish folder!

Quote Originally Posted by tinvicemp06 View Post
    as for the search product, the image exists in the folder you mentioned, however, this template seems to use a different file to place the search button in the header.
    For now I would switch the search button for an arrow or magnifying glass for each language. I know there is a swith to you language code for buttons bit I can't remember what is is right now.

Plugin Contributions

What is the file name and location of the code for the more info?

Plugin Contributions

this is the code i was talking about

Code:
    <div class="product_detail"><a href="'. zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' .zen_image($template->get_template_dir('details.gif', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images').'/details.gif').'</a></div>'
    the code above belongs to the file product_listing.php
    located at: includes/modules/my_template

now, it should look for the image located at

includes/templates/my_template/buttons/english

or for spanish

includes/templates/my_template/buttons/spanish

it actually gets the image from

includes/templates/my_template/images

Plugin Contributions

OK Thanks, give this a try and replace this code exactly where you gave me that code. (the whole chunck) back up first and if it doesn't work you will need let me know as there is a second option. Just make sure you have a button named details.gif in your spanish button folder.

<div class="product_detail"><a href="'. zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' . $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_DETAILS, BUTTON_DETAILS_ALT) . '</a></div>'

And while you discovered the button on your new products there are 3 others that will need to be changed.

Your featured, specials and product listing
    Last edited by usernamenone; 31 Dec 2011 at 08:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast