Plugin Contributions

Default Create Multiple Coupons and track who ues them!

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to create multiple GV /coupons for example 150 $10.00 GV/coupons which i can give to Future customers.

I then want to be able to know who used which GV/coupon - is this possible??

I have found several threads asking for the same thing but no answers!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create Multiple Coupons and track who ues them!

Clarification:
    - "GV" = "Gift Voucher" = "Gift Certificate" ... which is basically like cash, and are issued to specific customers.
    - That's different from "coupon" which is just a code which qualifies for a reduced price, usable by any customer.

Just clarifying so that you don't mix up the terms and thus potentially get answers that don't relate to your question.

You can see the status of any GV certificate's redemption in your admin

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yes well i am talking about Gift Certificates but i thought you could do discount coupons worth $10.00 etc so what the difference??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

GVs are like cash, can be applied to anything, basically as a partial-payment of the entire order, and are valid only for that one customer. The only "tracking" done is noting whether it's been issued --> redeemed --> used (in part or in whole) and what remaining overall GV balance exists for that particular customer.

Coupons can be restricted to individual products or categories, can be used by any purchaser on your site, and have some degree of tracking built in (referral code). A report is available in the admin for referral-code-tracking. There are several forum threads discussing the coupon referral-code use, and probably an FAQ/Tutorials article on it also.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok this is what i am trying to do what would you suggest?

We have a community website that sells products, members of the community are offering to give out lots of Gift Certificates to promote the site but only want to pay if they get used so...

1) How can you make multiple (say 100) different gift certificates at one time?
    2) How can you see which certificate the customer used??

Would discount coupons work? They have all got to be a unique code on only work once!

Plugin Contributions

Gift Certificates are cash ... so if you send a $10.00 GV to a customer they have the whole $10.00 that can be applied to 1 or more orders ... the GV Code can only be used once ...

Discount Coupons can be set up for $10.00 but the amount is deleted from the order and if the order is only $5.75 that is all they get to use of it ... Discount Coupons can be set up for Unlimited, Specific Quantity or 1 use per Discount Coupon and/or Unlimited, Specific Quantity or 1 use per customer ...

On Gift Certificates ... whoever uses it first (redeems the GV code) gets it ... so if Fred sends his redemption code to Harry and Harry redeems it, Fred cannot use it nor can Bob, Ted or Alice ...

On Discount Coupons limited to 1 Use Per Coupon ... whoever uses it first (redeems the DC code and completes the order) gets it ... so if Fred sends his redemption code to Harry and Harry redeems it, Fred cannot use it nor can Bob, Ted or Alice ...

On Discount Coupons with Unlimited use Per Coupon but set to 1 Use per Customer, the Discount Coupon can be used an unlimited numer of times but only 1 time per Customer ...
    Last edited by Ajeh; 31 Dec 2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!