Page 115 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by waterbender View Post
    It looks like I can adapt most things except product_id. Some guy said that we can add products_id as a custom field under User Defined Products Fields. Once I done that, will I be able to use products_id as the primary index instead of products_model? Or do I still mess with codes?
    So you would be able to export it so that you night be able to use it as a cross reference for merging datafiles from other similar products, but without some serious code changes/checks would not be able to call it the primary key. There are some considerations to be made also if it is to become the primary key. One that comes to mind is the relationship between the newly identified product number and the autonumber associated with the table for "standard" operation. By using the default of this code of this plugin, I think it cares for that already because it does an add to the table without concern of what the autonumber currently is.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So you would be able to export it so that you night be able to use it as a cross reference for merging datafiles from other similar products, but without some serious code changes/checks would not be able to call it the primary key. There are some considerations to be made also if it is to become the primary key. One that comes to mind is the relationship between the newly identified product number and the autonumber associated with the table for "standard" operation. By using the default of this code of this plugin, I think it cares for that already because it does an add to the table without concern of what the autonumber currently is.
    Hi sorry, I don't fully understand. Are you saying that you don't recommend using products_id as the primary index to import/update products unless we do some code changes to suit? I use products_model for other purpose and most products don't have unique model numbers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by waterbender View Post
    Hi sorry, I don't fully understand. Are you saying that you don't recommend using products_id as the primary index to import/update products unless we do some code changes to suit? I use products_model for other purpose and most products don't have unique model numbers.
    With regards to this plugin, I would agree with that statement, that would not make changes to use product_id as the primary key without making changes to suit, or without acknowledging the effect(s) of doing so without making code changes to suit. Without a little investigation, I am not sure what the effect would be if say the following were true: the autonumber for the table is: 5, six products have been added to the table with id numbers of 1-6, and then the standard categories add products option is used. I don't know whether ZC would try to add an item at position 5 (error), add an item at position 7 (okay) or update the item at position 5 (essentially an error for the purposes identified here). Alternatively an additional field could be added to the table (I think numinix has something like this), but long and short of it is, it would be wrong of me not to point out some things to take into consideration. There are those out there that actually se the model number for something of value and as written this plug-in doesn't do what they want, but there are also those out there that just dutifully poplate the model_number with something unique so they can use this plugin. Whatever the case, the datafile needs something unique to be able to do it's job, and it would be my recommendation that whatever is used is available in both the datafile and onscreen when adding/modifying a product within the admin panel unless that option becomes totally disabled to support only this plugin (also not recommended).

As to the example above, if you do create code to address the autonumber, would want to also consider a situation where the last record added was 6, and now 1145 is added, what about 7 through 1144? Left blank or non-existent and the autonumber? Updated to 1146? What happens when someone picks the last possible number as their next product or a number that is outside the scope of the table? These things need to be considered if changing to the product_id instead of using a method similar to this plugin of having a unique identifier that is independent of the database size (though there may be a limit as to the length of the identifier). Again, whatever is chosen may be good for your usage, but possibly not for the masses. The other thing about this module is that it really is database/store independent. I could essentially dowload all of the products in my store, send you the file, and you could upload all of my products into your store. Sure might append something to the model number to try to ensure even further that it was unique like an acronym for my store, but more than likely it could all be copied over independent of your numbering. Further, and possibly more helpful, if your database got a little funky, could download all of the products and associated data, then clear the applicable tables and upload all of the data again without recourse of id numbers. (WARNING, this is a general discussion here, care must be taken to accomplish what was just described, or else your store could become useless. There may be other dependencies applicable to your store that may not have been discussed. Again warning, I am not responsible for actions you take based on the above discussion.)

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Is there any funky switch (function/action triggered by a specific value) on one of the 'specials' fields (specials_price, specials_date_avail, specials_expires_date) that will remove or delete the Specials record for a product (linked record in the 'specials' table)... like the value '9' specified for product_status to remove/delete a product?

Would be very nice if there was.

Cheers
    GAM

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so EP4 is based heavily on using the right "product" at th right time, with the right information. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if it will properly handle just any old filename, but if you are wanting to updated information that wold be provided in a full export, then the start of the filename needs to closely match the same. Basic filename. (Typically anything up to and including EP4, also the capitalization is important as well.)

When stating that there was no special character, does that mean didn't "see" a special character or was that by bit/byte inspection to verify that each character was an expected alpha-numeric character or end-of-line, etc...? State that becauuse, just because don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.
    So I tried to just send NULL descriptions to clear the descriptions, nothing changed same descriptions remained unchanged. So I suspect that all the descriptions have stayed the same no matter what upload I sent and are all prior to my changes made to eliminate special characters from my data. I only tried to upload the product model field and description field in the file. The file name was simple just Description.csv.

It is very odd that it will update prices and things like call for price but is not making any update to description. I'm tempted to clear the field in the SQL database but afraid I wouldn't get the description data back in.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    So I tried to just send NULL descriptions to clear the descriptions, nothing changed same descriptions remained unchanged. So I suspect that all the descriptions have stayed the same no matter what upload I sent and are all prior to my changes made to eliminate special characters from my data. I only tried to upload the product model field and description field in the file. The file name was simple just Description.csv.

It is very odd that it will update prices and things like call for price but is not making any update to description. I'm tempted to clear the field in the SQL database but afraid I wouldn't get the description data back in.
    Okay, I understand there may be a language barrier. I will try to keep my discssion straight and simple.

Some data fields will be updated no matter what the file is named; however, some fields (it would appear description 1 is an example) will only be updated if the filename starts with one of the standard file names (attrib-basic-ep, attrib-detailed-ep,featured-ep,full,categorymeta,category, etc...) Description.csv is not a filename recgnized by the program. As the limited instructions say to do. Export a file of the type that you would like to import. Change the data, save the file and then upload and import the file. Changes will be made as appropriate.

Plugin Contributions

This is the error message I am now getting when I click on easypopulate. WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

I manage to use it and export the product list, now Im trying to upload and import the full product list... but it is no longer working.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by isolveja View Post
    This is the error message I am now getting when I click on easypopulate. WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

I manage to use it and export the product list, now Im trying to upload and import the full product list... but it is no longer working.
    Are there error messages in your error log(s)? What else "changed"? Was something installed, edited, or deleted?

What do you mean when you say. Click on easy populate? Are you not able to get the the EP window, or is it that once there, you can not import?

Please, we are not in front of your computer and need more information to be able to help.

Plugin Contributions

Are there error messages in your error log(s)? What else "changed"? Was something installed, edited, or deleted?

What do you mean when you say. Click on easy populate? Are you not able to get the the EP window, or is it that once there, you can not import?

Please, we are not in front of your computer and need more information to be able to help.
    I changed nothing. There are no other error message. Nothing was installed edited or deleted. When I click on EP the window does not come up instead I get that error message.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My CSV file uploads the categories, but not the products

I am trying to upload my Full product listing but it is not importing into my database.