Page 119 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you say that you are using easy populate, are you referring to this version of it, or another?
    With regards to this version of easy populate, the readme states:

So, it would seem that this will create two linked products if you change only the category for the product(s).

As for the way that new information has been updated, that does sound labor intensive, to import under a general group then to use the database to move it around, especially if you already know where it is going to end up. Why not just start with the desired location and bypass all the extra effort?

There are multiple ways to import information, each has it's own filename prefix, and each performs a slightly different action applicable to the data that you get when you export that type of file. It is rather easy, but unfortunately the documentation is currently limited. May have to review the code to figure out exactly how to get in what you are expecting. I can say this, if you export a file, then only rename the date portion of it at the end, it will upload the same data exported. Have to also watch what type of editor(s) used.
    yes I am using this version :) been using it a little bit, the reason for uploading a bunch of products into one category and then linking them to other categories is say I have a manufacturer that has 5000+ parts for the different applications that they carry I want to be able to upload them all to one master category so that the different feeds I have out there pick them up and send people to that part, or if someone lands on my page that I do not directly market to they can enter the part number and check out. Where I would want to be duplicating them to is the categories that are live on my side bar for the people that I directly market to that regularly visit my page, sooner or later I will figure out a way to do my categories without cluttering everything but until then this is the best way I have found to do it, I have 4-5 markets I am active in and known in and get referrals from (95%) of my business and then the sub categories under those all published in a side box on every page so those that spend the most can easily find what they are looking for and browse with ease. Now down the road I plan on having some feature that would allow for say 100 categories that can easily be accessed, the problem is figuring out how to do it lol. This is a project for another day though.

Now back to the original discussion going back and reading the wiki again I do see what you are referring to I must have skipped over that or not read it in full the first time. Now can I upload 1 sheet with say 1000 items all to a category "all products" for example and then go back and say out of those 1000 products there are 150 that I want linked in different categories could I copy the csv file to a new file the products I do not plan linking to a different category, and then just change the category and leave the rest of the info the same and it will link it for me?

For example this would be a line from the first file I upload

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price
    test1 example no discription available 1.00

v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1
    ABC ALL PRODUCTS

And this would be that same line in a new file used to link the product.

v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2
    ABC Shoes flat bottoms

If I read what you posted above that sounds to me like this above is all there is to it if this is the case my life just became A LOT easier :) If not let me know and I will try to get my head wrapped around what it is you are saying.

Thanks
    J

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jwaynehinkle View Post
    yes I am using this version :) been using it a little bit, the reason for uploading a bunch of products into one category and then linking them to other categories is say I have a manufacturer that has 5000+ parts for the different applications that they carry I want to be able to upload them all to one master category so that the different feeds I have out there pick them up and send people to that part, or if someone lands on my page that I do not directly market to they can enter the part number and check out. Where I would want to be duplicating them to is the categories that are live on my side bar for the people that I directly market to that regularly visit my page, sooner or later I will figure out a way to do my categories without cluttering everything but until then this is the best way I have found to do it, I have 4-5 markets I am active in and known in and get referrals from (95%) of my business and then the sub categories under those all published in a side box on every page so those that spend the most can easily find what they are looking for and browse with ease. Now down the road I plan on having some feature that would allow for say 100 categories that can easily be accessed, the problem is figuring out how to do it lol. This is a project for another day though.

Now back to the original discussion going back and reading the wiki again I do see what you are referring to I must have skipped over that or not read it in full the first time. Now can I upload 1 sheet with say 1000 items all to a category "all products" for example and then go back and say out of those 1000 products there are 150 that I want linked in different categories could I copy the csv file to a new file the products I do not plan linking to a different category, and then just change the category and leave the rest of the info the same and it will link it for me?

For example this would be a line from the first file I upload

v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1
    ABC ALL PRODUCTS

And this would be that same line in a new file used to link the product.

v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2
    ABC Shoes flat bottoms

If I read what you posted above that sounds to me like this above is all there is to it if this is the case my life just became A LOT easier :) If not let me know and I will try to get my head wrapped around what it is you are saying.

Thanks
    J
    Per instruction your "second" listing is close but not quite right, v_categories_name_2 actually is for the language designated with a value of 2 so it would be like saying that Shoes are flat bottoms and vice versa. Instead, you would only have the one v_categories_name_1 with a value of "Shoes^flat bottoms". Ideally the names of the categories are capitalized as shown here.
    I haven't purposefully tried to link products, but I know that recently someone had accidentally done so thinking this plugin would move not link the products. In fact Aug 30 at 03:49 PM there was a post where some did nearly exactly what you described, but expecting different results. As always, suggest testing one step at a time, try uploading just a single new category for a single product. If it doesn't behave as expected, a lot easier to correct, and hopefully not as noticeable to customers if testing on a live site.:)

Plugin Contributions

Awesome! I will check this out and see what I can come up with, if I get it nailed down to do exactly what I have described I will report back with a step by step!

Thanks
    J

Plugin Contributions

Is there an easy way to copy all the options value to a new options name?
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    Could you explain a little more about what you are wanting? Is this a rename process, transferring to another database or the same? Are you simply wanting to have a situation like currently have the length of the left shoe lace from 12 to 18 inches, but only have a 15 inch right shoe lace and you want to copy the values from the left shoe to the right shoe? If that's the case, that's easy.

Plugin Contributions

Could you explain a little more about what you are wanting? Is this a rename process, transferring to another database or the same? Are you simply wanting to have a situation like currently have the length of the left shoe lace from 12 to 18 inches, but only have a 15 inch right shoe lace and you want to copy the values from the left shoe to the right shoe? If that's the case, that's easy.
    Upon rerereread of the original question, not knowing the experience level of the OP with this plugin and to answer what is assumed to be the question, this plugin will facilitate "easy" copy of values to option names. Export of the basic products attributes would more than likely be the way to export, modify, and then import to duplicate the values to a new name. It will not "move" the attributes, but rather copy them to the edited name. The next export would show the previously existing data and the newly created value/name items.

Please remember to consider the tool(s) used to make the edits. The suggested editor is Open Office and more information about that can be found in this thread. Also, realize that this plug-in is written from the perspective that all items in the cart have a unique model number. If that does not exist, additional effort will be needed either by modifying the programming slightly to insert one, or by editing the data associated with each item in your own way: mySQLAdmin, admin panel of ZC, etc...

This method won't also duplicate the details of the values, but that is what the detailed attributes file is for. So may have to basically perform the same action in the detailed file (export, modify, import). Not sure, but may also be able to perform all of this in just the detailed attribute file. Either way, once opened, perform a search and replace of the old name with the new name, upload and import. If have already done a basic and then doing a detailed: export, delete rows of new name (assuming one for one), search and replace old name with new name, import.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 3 Oct 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have experience with Zen Cart and the module and yes, I use Open Office to work with EP, I know all the facts and tools to work with it.

What I want to accomplish:
    Let's say I have the Option Name "Color" and I have around 3 dozens of color values for that. Now I want to do some "combination" or "matches" of some items; so I created a new option name called "Shoe Color", but I don't want to enter all the colors again one by one (I don't want yet to create the items with the attributes, I just want to copy all the options of one attribute to another.

Do you understand what I want to do?

I downloaded all the sheets for attributes, and I don't see how can I do this in an easy and quick way.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

I have experience with Zen Cart and the module and yes, I use Open Office to work with EP, I know all the facts and tools to work with it.

What I want to accomplish:
    Let's say I have the Option Name "Color" and I have around 3 dozens of color values for that. Now I want to do some "combination" or "matches" of some items; so I created a new option name called "Shoe Color", but I don't want to enter all the colors again one by one (I don't want yet to create the items with the attributes, I just want to copy all the options of one attribute to another.

Do you understand what I want to do?

I downloaded all the sheets for attributes, and I don't see how can I do this in an easy and quick way.
    So, I think the method I suggested would be the easiest/quickest. If you use the basic attributes file to perform the "work" then you can do a search and replace on the attribute names (color for shoe color), delete the shoe color options you don't want to offer and then import the basic attributes file. This will add the values to the named items that currently don't have values, or replace the values present. Sure it's a comma delimited list of values, but should be faster than adding each in the admin panel.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I could do that. The problem is, I don't want to add the products quite yet. I just want to do the attributes value copy from one option to the other, I don't want to do the product attributes yet.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I could do that. The problem is, I don't want to add the products quite yet. I just want to do the attributes value copy from one option to the other, I don't want to do the product attributes yet.
    I'm not at a computer at the moment to look at the code, but I think if you delete the model number column it will still update with just the info you are looking to include. I thought basic was model independent, but if that seems to be the sticking point, then I am wrong.

If deleting the model column doesn't "allow" import, then would need to modify the code a lil to support just option name and option value assignment, though I thought that the standard ZC process was to add item, add option name to item, add/activate option value(s) to item. If EP4 doesn't require the model number in order to do any attribute related work, then I think the above would work. If it does require a model# my thought is that it would need a change, because it is possible in the admin panel to add values to names before a name is associated with a product.